List your Theta gear and system, room, etc.

Bulldogger

Apr 20, 2010
Clinton,MS
This thread is not about who has the most expensive stuff. This site is about what's best. There are lots of good deals on amps and speakers out there. I shop the "used" market myself and am fond of some now discontinued brands like Aragon and California Audio Labs. So what are you using.Theta stuff or otherwise? With Theta's lack of any type of room correction, how about room treatments?

Bulldogger

Apr 20, 2010
Clinton,MS
Theta Casablana III, 3 Mcintosh MC 501,2 Mcintosh MC252s, Mcintosh XR200 speakers, 4 Mcintosh WS350s for sides and surrounds and 2 Theta Six Shooters.

LesAuber

Jun 21, 2010
Theta CB III, Six Shooter, Dreadnaught I, Adcom 545, B&W 801 Series 3, B&W HTM-3, B&W 805, Dahlquist DQ-1W.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Turntable: Teres Audio Certus 450
Tonearm: Teres Audio Illius
Cartridge: Soundsmith Strain Gauge
Phono Preamp: Soundsmith Strain Gauge 410

Amplifiers: 5 upgraded (modified) Aragon Palladium 1K and 1 upgraded (modified) Krell KAV-250a/3
Preamplifier: upgraded (modified) Audio Research LS10 Line Stage
Pre/Pro: upgraded (modified) Onkyo PR-SC885

Blu-ray/CD/SACD/DVD-A/DVD playback: upgraded (modified) OPPO BDP-83SE NuForce Edition and upgraded (modified) Denon 3800 BDCI Blu-ray players
Red-book CD playback: upgraded (modified) April Music Stello CDT 100 CD Transport
DAC: upraded (modified) Lavry DA10

AM/FM: modified Sansui TU-9900

Power Conditioners: 2 upgraded (modified) Exact Power EP15A and 1 Isotek Sigmas

Cable Box: Motorola HD tuner

Speakers:

Front L & R: Oswald's Mill Audio OMA New Yorker
Center Channel: Nola LCR Reference
Side Surrounds: Nola Viper IIA
Rear L & R: Dahlquist DQ-6C
Subwoofers: 2 Epik Conquest 18"

Rich

Dave

Nov 14, 2010
West Chester, PA
Theta powering Legacy

Theta Enterprises powering Legacy Whisper main speakers
Theta Dreadnaught powering my Legacy Marquis (original version), Mists, and Studios (for m-ch/HT)
Theta Compli Blu Source...very impressive for an oppo "knock-off"... and I also have the NuForce Oppo!
Gill Alana Preamp (latest version, custom built...as most are) for the ultimate in 2-ch (my priority)
TM Labs acoustically certified room (best money spent in audio - ever)

Funny - the Dreadnaught couldn't handle my old Focus 20/20s bottom end, but really sang with the Whispers, and later the Enterprises just up'd the game.

Seta

Dec 7, 2010
Theta Compli Blu Source...very impressive for an oppo "knock-off"... and I also have the NuForce Oppo!

Same as Dave, I got both the Nuforce Oppo and the Compli Blu (we're crazy).
I also have an old Theta Jade transports which is absolutely great.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Theta Prometheus amplifiers

Recent additions. ;)

Attachments

• 80.JPG
    80.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 201

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Stunning Sharp 1080! You may have posted photos elsewhere...what else is the system? I see the Wilson center chanel...are those Maxx's or X2s? Beautiful!

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Stunning Sharp 1080! You may have posted photos elsewhere...what else is the system? I see the Wilson center channel...are those Maxx's or X2s? Beautiful!

Thank you for the compliment. I wish they were X2's! Yes I have pictures scattered around here. I probably should have done a system build post. I'm lusting over your Gryphon amp.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you for the compliment. I wish they were X2's! Yes I have pictures scattered around here. I probably should have done a system build post. I'm lusting over your Gryphon amp.

Thank you as well...yes, i consider myself very blessed to enjoy this system every day, and that includes the Gryphon Colosseum. Big Theta amps are pretty serious muscle...which ones are those and can you tell us (me?) a bit more about these particular ones? I have read about the Theta Dreadnought or something...

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I ended up with these particular amps because I needed 5 monoblocks for my 5.1 system setup. My previous amps were Mark Levinson. I was fortunate to have them in my system on loan prior to buying them, so I had a chance to hear the amps "broken in". They are class D spec. I never thought I would own class D amplifier due to the stigma associated with them in the past. I will state for the record that these amps sound fantastic. The low end bass is deep and powerful and best of all tight. Regarding the midrange, it is silky smooth and natural sounding, they really emphasize well recorded vocals both male and female. The high end seems to extend forever but with detail and quickness I had been missing in my past configuration. Never bright or edgy. They eerie part is the silence I hear in the background. The great thing is they run much cooler so the room stays pleasant. The specifications and the review of the Theta Prometheus monoblocks.

http://www.thetadigital.com/prometheus_amplifier_info.shtml

http://www.stereophile.com/content/...monoblock-power-amplifier#fDE6L26TrVEe585t.97

tyree91

May 13, 2010
Rocky Mountain Empire
Theta Digital Casablanca V & Theta Digital Dreadnaught II-5x 200W.

Reactions: itay123

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Home theater set up
Theta Casablanca III,
ML 33, ML 33h, ML 335,
The ML gear has been replaced due to heat gain in the room with a
BAT VK 6200,
Wilson Maxx II, Watt Puppy V, Watch Center, Watch Dog
Sony VPL 100, Stewart Grey Hawk 110"
Sony ES 400 Disc Carousel

Reactions: itay123

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
This thread made me feel a lot of nostalgia and rekindled a warm place in my heart for THETA with whom I had over the years (about 25 years) experience and great appreciation for this legendary company.

I was a passionate, fanatic and extreme home cinema enthusiast at the highest possible.

Had DVD players, transports and DACs, amps and of course Casanova, Casablanca 1 - 2 - 2 upgraded to 3 and 3 Extreme (twice)

I happened to have a discussion with a good friend, about processors that were all built to give total analog separation to STEREO and multi-channel, and the best of all that did this, is of course THETA.

Here are some nostalgic memories of my SETUP about 15 years ago with THETA CASABLANCA III Xtreme edition + THETA Six-Shooter.
2 completely different setups.

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg

29515ac8-ac39-4289-a688-339ff17e04a3.jpg
6acf33ad-b64b-40f3-bb5d-2a93a30949fe.jpg a073ad70-b692-4bb5-a7d0-3b8b914c8b54.jpg

Reactions: kennyb123

AVphile

VIP/Donor
Mar 14, 2020
I have a Casablanca V, which I love except for its inadequacy in switching video. For that, I have had to acquire a 4x2 AVPro 4k Matrix Switch. I have lots of equipment, so I'll just list what is of primary importance to my home theater setup (besides the CBV): three McIntosh MC 611 mono amplifiers for the LCR speakers; Revel Ultima Studios and Voice (for center channel); two SVS Sub-16 subwoofers. All in all, I am quite happy with the audio, particularly watching 4k and Blu-ray movies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing