Mogami balanced cables for subwoofer cables???

MikeSp

Oct 23, 2010
South of Kansas City, MO
Opinions requested as to whether Mogami XLR balanced microphone cables (best mic cables) which make outstanding XLR interconnects, would also make a great 25 ft. subwoofer cable since I have moved to subs that use balanced cables. The RFI and other noise rejection by Mogami cables is legendary so I suspect that they would work great and wonder if they could be bettered by Blue Jeans balanced cables.

thougs/opinions??

MikeSp

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have Mogami Gold connecting our WatchDog subs. Not a problem here.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I use the Mogami to the powered woofers in my speakers. I tried several other more expensive cables but prefer these. Worth a try for the relative low cost.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Mogami's microphone cable is DAMN good cable. It works good for all interconnect applications.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Mogami's microphone cable is DAMN good cable. It works good for all interconnect applications.

+1 here:eek: ... Just for fun I used RG-59 for and couldn't hear any differences in the subwoofer (s) performance ... I doubt anyone could ...

Last edited:

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

I've used a pair of 20ft Mogami Gold stage microphone cables for the long interconnect between the preamp and the power amp for years. Even when I borrowed top-of-the-line cables from other manufacturers for shows like CES/RMAF, and they have been excellent. For subwoofer applications, I don't think that you need (or can get) any better.

hifistan

Jul 14, 2016
to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
—Carl Sagan It is loves illusions I recall.

witchdoctor

Apr 23, 2016
I have used that same cable to my Sunfire sub and also to an active speaker. Excellent value and as for BJC I don't know you could tell the difference on a sub but on an active speaker I think Mogami would be the winner compared to a BJC at the same price. How many recording studios do you see wired with BJC compared to Mogami?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing