Neil Young's Old laughing lady and his Nagra under his chair

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I came across this video and noticed the gear below his seat. I think it's a Nagra R2R,but not sure. Anyway this recording is fantastic and I play this track all the time.

Neil has Redwood Digital recording studio( I understand that he is into analog) on his 1500 acre ranch in Woodside ca. I grew up near Woodside and it is god's country.

oops you have to click on the video and that will take you to you tube.

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Beautiful music.

Neil Young's aversion to digital was well known. As far as I remember sometime in the past he sold his digital equipment and bought Sturder reel-to -reel machines to complement his Ampex's, but I would like to hear about his current opinions on late digital improvements.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Neil definitely cares about sonics. The stuff he's been releasing from his private stash is wonderful.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Roger,

It'd be cool if it were a Nagra, but I don't see any reels:confused: My spouse, a friend, and I saw this flick when it initially came out and was playing the local art house...definitely glad we did!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing