New Expert Forum Created

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Please welcome Todd Welti as our newest member of Whats Best Forum's panel of experts.

Todd will be leading a discussion about the interaction between acoustical sources and rooms at low frequencies, and the resulting sound quality. Discussion includes room modes, boundary effects, source/receiver location effects, and optimization in general. One of the most important issues is seat to seat consistency.

Todd Welti earned his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Cogswell College in 1989. He spent 9 years as an acoustical consultant, designing and commissioning over 70 sound reinforcement systems, from office masking systems to multipurpose arenas. Todd was also involved in room acoustics design for many lecture rooms, concert halls and other critical spaces. In 2000, Todd earned his International Masters in Acoustics from Aalborg University in Denmark, and currently works for Harman International Industries. Current work involves research in room acoustics, subwoofer/room optimization, and binaural audio techniques, with emphasis on the underlying psychoacoustic principles. He has taught Cedia classes on Test and Measurement and Room Acoustics: Optimizing the Loudspeaker/Room System. He is also a Cedia Subject Matter Expert in acoustics, active AES and ASA member, and multiple patent holder.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Steve,

These are great news.

My interest for multi-subwoofers configurations was triggered by a thread at the WBF and I followed the debates with great interest. After a lot of search I found my "recipe" in "Subwoofers: Optimum Number and Locations by Todd Welti" - and I am working towards building two subs at two walls opposing midpoints.

I joint you saying welcome to Todd Welti - I really look forward to read his contributions at this forum.

Last edited:

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
Awesome, besides speakers, acoustics is my favorite topic to read about. I would be curious if Tom has any thoughts, on dipolar/panel speakers such as Magnepan. In regards in how to bring out their best qualities, interfacing with the room and what acoustic treatments like diffusors and bass traps are the most effective.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing