Simple But Different non-alcoholic drink

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Was flying on Alaska Airline last year which has become my second home given how many hours I spend on it. Anyway, I try to be nice to flight attendants and in return, once in a while I get a bonus. My favorite drink on flight has been cranberry or apple juice as I avoid sodas.

So I ask for Cranberry juice and flight attendant asks me if I have ever tried it with orange juice. Puzzled, I asked how that would taste good. She said I promise you it does. So she makes a 50-50 mix and hands it to me.

I look at the mixture and it is hard to believe. But the thing is pink! So doesn't look like either juice.

Turns out the taste is also the same. It is something new. Yes, there are undertones of Orange Juice and Cranberry juice but the mixture is distinctly different than both. Not nearly as tart as cranberry or as distinct as OJ. Quite refreshing I must say.

BTW, I think the Cranberry is Cran-Apple mix, not pure Cranberry. Just had some on my flight home a couple of nights back and it was just wonderful.

So try it if you are into juices and get tired of having same old, same old.

And chime in if you have mixtures like this that are easy to make but delicious.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
A slight variation on the lemon, lime and bitters thing that I worked out, and enjoy immensely on a hot, thirsty day is as follows: A shot of bitter lemon cordial, equivalent of of pure lime juice, a good sprinkle of Angostura, top up with sparking mineral water. Very refreshing! The bite from the bitter lemon is the thing that gives it balance, stops it just being a soft drink ...

Frank

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing