How are speakers mounted to the automated mover?

tonmeister2008

WBF Technical Expert
Jun 20, 2010
Westlake Village,CA
This is something I've been pondering for a while.

There is an eye hook on the four corners of each pallet of the speaker mover From these, we can strap down the speakers to the pallet so they don't fall off when the speaker is moved. We have lost a speaker or two on occasion because it wasn't properly secured. Fortunately the speaker didn't land in the listener's lap.

JasonI

Dec 3, 2010
So it's just strapped down, long haul truck style? One of the reasons this was on my mind is how do you compare, say an Acapella Audio Arts speaker? Then again, maybe some just aren't worth the trouble. Though, I think I have seen pictures of a Wilson on the turntable.

tonmeister2008

WBF Technical Expert
Jun 20, 2010
Westlake Village,CA
So it's just strapped down, long haul truck style? One of the reasons this was on my mind is how do you compare, say an Acapella Audio Arts speaker? Then again, maybe some just aren't worth the trouble. Though, I think I have seen pictures of a Wilson on the turntable.

True: If the speakers don't have any obvious flat anchor points, they can be a challenge to strap down to the mover. In those cases, we may need to make a customized jig to hold and strap the speaker. Such speakers are rare. I have not tested the speaker you mention, but if you send me one, I'd best happy to measure and test it :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing