$650K Turntable?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
..man you must have either taken your nasty pill or gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...chill

Right on es347! Rainer seems like a very happy man who is doing what he wants with his time and money. It is clearly a passion for him and it seems as though he is exploring some very interesting ideas about turntable and tonearm design. I, for one, admire his efforts and abilities some of which are apparently getting noticed by some German turntable manufacturers.

Rainer, thank you for sharing your projects on this forum.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I'd say this is a groundbreaking turntable. Congratulations!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I met Rainer shortly after WBF opened when I was still living in the Bay area and he and his wife were visiting SF. I can tell you he is a straight up guy who knows what he is doing and is applying incredible amount of present day knowledge to his turntable. I would bet that plater speed accuracy as we have been discussing here won't be an issue for him

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I'll wager that this guy's product doesn't make a dent in the high end landscape and will be best remembered as an attempt to drum up interest via multiple postings on internet fora, and nothing more.

Hi Theo,

Rainer is a genuine artist, a designer, an advanced engineer, an originator, with a true real passion for building the best/unique platines.
We are privileged to have him share with us, very.
I never met him in person, like Steve, but by my few exchanges and readings with and from him, I am totally confident of the presence of a genius in our beloved hobby all.

Cheers, :b
Bob

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I'll wager that this guy's product doesn't make a dent in the high end landscape and will be best remembered as an attempt to drum up interest via multiple postings on internet fora, and nothing more.

I hope that:
A) You haven't mortgaged your house banking on making a living out of your product and
B) That you have a good fall-back income source to actually provide for yourself and family. Because..
C) I can't see you getting far as a turntable marque.
Prove me wrong. Please.

1. You would have lost your wager.
2. He just proved you wrong. :b

? http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...at-Munich-2016&p=394508&viewfull=1#post394508

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing