Would You Vote For "The Donald" in 2012

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So if elected will he have to fly in US One or will he fly in Trump One as always.

Would you vote for him. Do you even think he is serious

Donald Trump - Donald Trump Stalling On Renewing NBC Contract To Consider Presidential Bid

Donald Trump - Media mogul Donald Trump is seriously considering his bid for the White House. Donald who's made headlines for repeatedly questioning President Barack Obama's birth place to celebrating his great relationship with "the blacks" is making more decisions towards his presidential bid. While on The View last week Bill Cosby Summed Up Donald Trump's ceaseless public tirade of his indecisiveness. It didn't take "The Donald" More Than A Few Hours To Respond.

According to Online Journal, Donald Trump is reportedly stalling his 3-year extension contract with NBC for his Celebrity Apprentice franchise.

Donald Trump said he hasn't signed an extension of his "Celebrity Apprentice" TV show contract because he is deciding whether or not to pursue a presidential bid.

Trump is scheduled to make an official announcement on the May 22nd of the time and place for his press conference on the finale of Celebrity Apprentice. Does anyone really believe that Donald Trump hasn't already made up his mind but is rather waiting to capitalize on the timing of his known announcement...?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Donald is a clown so he will fit in with the rest of the clowns that are talking about running. The republicans haven't offered up a single serious candidate yet. Mitt Romney seems the brightest of the bunch, but it's not hard to stand out when you are surrounded by 10 watt light bulbs. And besides, I'm not sure if Americans would be comfortable with a Mormon president. If Mitch Daniels declares, he may be the best one of the bunch.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
No, the Donald won't run. He'll milk this for all the publicity he can get, will stoop even lower than his current humoring the knuckle-dragging "birther" crowd to draw attention to himself, will eventually find some reason why it's all below him, pull out, then make much of the fact that he was leading a really pathetic early field in the polls. The Donald is an ego on a stick. He's not humble enough (and yes, I get the irony) for politics.

Though in his current incarnation he might have a better chance in the GOP primaries than Romney. We've reached the sad point where candidates from both sides have to veer far to the extreme to be nominated, then run like hell for the center to get elected. You have to misrepresent yourself to become POTUS. It's a cultural requirement. And we wonder why they behave badly in office.

We have met the enemy and he is us.

Tim

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I don't think he should run, but his hair should.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I "think" he will run as long as he actually believes he has a real chance to win. His ego would be too shattered if he were to run and lose.

I will do a write in vote for Roger "The Dodger" Staubach (although he has no interest in politics at any level and will not run).

At least he is a nice guy and an honest man. I have no clue of his political leanings but what does that matter. Most candidates will lie to get elected and then do whatever they feel like once elected.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I was kind of stunned about the Donald's comment that Barack Obama will go down as the worst president in American history

Donald Trump is a mouthpiece. Don't be stunned by anything he says. If he thinks it will serve him, he'll say the opposite next year.

Tim

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Maybe he'll build a golf course at Yellowstone National Park where you have to fly a five iron shot over Old Faithful.

Steve Williams

OK

I changed things up a bit in this poll.

I have changed it to "NOT" show the names of those who voted and for whom they voted

Now for all of you lurkers here in this thread you can vote anonymously.

Let's see what our members say

Steve Williams

From Yahoo News

Donald Trump's Latest Feud Is with Jerry Seinfeld

Whether real estate developer/reality-show host/parfumier Donald Trump really intends to run for President is still an open question. Certainly, he doesn't seem to be concerned about alienating every potential voter in America. Today's target? Jerry Seinfeld.

The trouble started when Seinfeld pulled out of a planned performance at a charity event for the Eric Trump Foundation, benefiting St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Through his manager, Seinfeld stated that his reason for cancelling was that he's uncomfortable with Trump's ongoing campaign to discredit President Obama's citizenship and "feels this kind of demagoguery has no place in public discourse." (Seinfeld did still make a contribution to the foundation as well as directly to the hospital.)

In response, Trump accepted Seinfeld's cancellation, graciously acknowledging the validity of Seinfeld's personal objections due to the two men's differing political positions.
Just kidding! Trump shot back an angry, bitter letter, marked by his characteristic rambling syntax. For instance: "I just learned you canceled a show for my son's charity, The Eric Trump Foundation, which benefits the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital (children with cancer) because of the fact that you think I am being very aggressive with respect to President Obama, who is doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader - just look at Libya, our economy, gas, food, and clothing prices and maybe you will understand what is going on!" Oh, Mr. Trump. Marcel Proust can get away with that kind of run-on sentence, but you are no Marcel Proust.

In case Seinfeld was not sufficiently shamed by "children with cancer," Trump continued by making his attack personal: "What I do feel badly [sic] about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref,' even though I thought it was absolutely terrible." ...Okay, Trump isn't wrong about "The Marriage Ref," but still, this slam is not relevant to the issue at hand, and therefore is poor debate form.

Trump's putative Presidential run has not caused him to relax his trademark pugnacity in the least. Two weeks ago, he responded to a critical New York Times column with a letter personally attacking Gail Collins, who had written the offending piece. A few days later, VanityFair.com blogger Juli Weiner received in the mail a printout of a post she'd written: Trump (or someone claiming to be him) had helpfully annotated the post for Weiner's edification.

Of course, Trump normally saves his ire not for journalists but for other celebrities; this Mediaite slideshow collects some highlights from Trump's long career of publicly picking fights with other entertainment and business personalities. And yet, when Sandra Bullock began divorce proceedings against her then-husband Jesse James, a former "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant, Trump came to his defense; I guess we can surmise that it's unpardonable to withdraw from a charity event, but marital infidelity and seeming Nazi sympathies are both just fine. (On the other hand, Seinfeld has questionable associations too: Remember how he stuck up for Jay Leno over Conan O'Brien during the "Tonight Show" fiasco?)

Seinfeld will probably survive this dust-up: Comedy fans are already excited to see him tomorrow night on HBO's special "Talking Funny." (And as much as Trump's image rests on the impression he gives of living in unimaginable luxury, Seinfeld probably has more money.) Meanwhile, Trump is moderating catfights between NeNe Leakes and Star Jones and pretending he thinks he could actually be President of this country. And, who knows, maybe he could? But he's definitely no diplomat.

Steve Williams

From Yahoo Finance

Donald Trump net worth: I'm worth whatever I feel

Everyone knows it: Donald Trump is rich. Really rich.

Forbes magazine has ranked him among its 400 richest Americans nearly every year since it started keeping track in 1982.

And in his own media blitz, Trump -- who is acting like a candidate, even though he hasn't officially become one -- has been boasting about his wealth.

But just how much Trump is actually worth remains the subject of debate and even a lawsuit.

Last week, Trump told CNN's Candy Crowley that his net worth is "many, many, many times Mitt Romney," making him a better-suited contender for president. And on Thursday, he reiterated the claim on CNN's American Morning.

"Forbes says $2.7 billion. I can tell you that's a very low number. It's much more than that," Trump said, adding if he decides to run, he would provide a financial statement. "I think people will be extremely impressed."

For its part, Forbes magazine says it relies on a variety of sources, including "employees, rivals, attorneys, ex-spouses and securities analysts." It includes all assets, from stakes in companies to art to yachts.

But because many of Trump's holdings are private companies, their value is not publicly disclosed. Other properties, such as the Trump Soho in New York City, are not actually owned by Trump; instead, he gets a licensing fee for allowing them to brandish his moniker.

In addition, Trump is involved in many complicated deals -- making calculating his wealth tricky.

In recent years, he's expanded his empire to include the NBC reality show "The Apprentice" and its spinoff "Celebrity Apprentice."

At least one reporter who has challenged Trump's value of his opaque pool of assets has ended up in court.

Timothy O'Brien, then a reporter at the New York Times, disputed Trump's net worth in his book, "TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald," which Warner Books, then owned by CNN's parent company Time Warner, published in 2005.

O'Brien put Trump's wealth somewhere between $150 million and $250 million, attributing the figures to people with direct knowledge of Trump's finances.

"None of these people thought that he was remotely close to being a billionaire," O'Brien wrote in an excerpt published in the Times.

Trump sued O'Brien and Warner Books for libel. The case was dismissed but Trump appealed. A decision is pending. CNN has obtained a copy of a deposition of Trump that was conducted on Dec. 19-20, 2007. (Read excerpts from the deposition)

In the deposition, Trump insists he's a bona fide billionaire.

"I am a billionaire," he said. "Of course, if you read Tim O'Brien's writings and what was then transposed into the The New York Times, you would certainly not think that. But I am a billionaire, many times over, on a conservative basis."

And the book has cost him business, Trump says.

"I've lost deals. I've lost specific deals because of it," he said.

Throughout the deposition, Trump sparred with O'Brien's lawyer, Andrew Ceresney, over how the real estate tycoon determined what he was worth.

Trump: My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with the markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings, but I try.

Ceresney: Let me just understand that a little. You said your net worth goes up and down based upon your own feelings?

Trump: Yes, even my own feelings, as to where the world is, where the world is going, and that can change rapidly from day to day ...

Ceresney: When you publicly state a net worth number, what do you base that number on?

Trump: I would say it's my general attitude at the time that the question may be asked. And as I say, it varies.

But the deposition shows Trump's valuation of his properties can be at odds with others' views.

"Donald owns 40 Wall Street, which he spent about $35 million to buy and refurbish in 1996," lawyer Ceresney read from O'Brien's book. "The building has about $145 million in debt attached to it, and New York City assessors value it at $90 million. Donald values it at $400 million."

Trump reacts to the passage by saying: "Anybody would understand that a city assessment is 15 and 20 percent the value of a building."

When questioned about the return on his investment from several golf courses, Trump said he does his own math.

Ceresney: Have you ever done a projection as to how much you anticipate you will profit on these courses over time in light of the contributions that you're making in cash?

Trump: Yes, I've done mental projections.

Ceresney: Mental projections?

Trump: Yes.

Ceresney: These are projections that you've done in your head?

Trump: Yes.

Though Trump acknowledged that he provided O'Brien with financial statements showing his wealth at $3.6 billion, he said the actual figure is closer to $6 billion.

"These statements ... never included the value of the brand. And there are those who say the brand is very, very valuable," Trump said in the deposition.

O'Brien's book tainted his name, The Donald said.

"My reputation was severely hurt. It was damaged and therefore my brand was damaged," he said.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
You have to love the Donald... He is definitely a legend in his own mind.

A few years ago, I read his book..'The art of the deal', in it he goes on about how in the then downturn, he had gone to his creditors and suggested that if they didn't modify his outstanding loans; that they could take the properties and manage them themselves. Since, the creditors were all bankers, they chickened out and gave him what ever he wanted....What a pity that the guy in the street doesn't have this same option:mad:. IMHO, its also a pity that these same bankers didn't just foreclose him out and be done:mad:

Another thing that struck me in his book, was that he mentioned in passing, that his daddy gave him a $1M in seed money and numerous NY properties to go along with that. ( This was in the day when $1M was really something).
Wander if Donald would be spouting these facts today.:confused:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
But the deposition shows Trump's valuation of his properties can be at odds with others' views.

"Donald owns 40 Wall Street, which he spent about $35 million to buy and refurbish in 1996," lawyer Ceresney read from O'Brien's book. "The building has about $145 million in debt attached to it, and New York City assessors value it at $90 million. Donald values it at $400 million."

Trump reacts to the passage by saying: "Anybody would understand that a city assessment is 15 and 20 percent the value of a building."
That certainly rings true. It is a rare situation that the assessed value is the same as market value. The gap has narrowed in the last couple of years but at least in PNW, it would make no sense at all to use assessed value to determine market value of a property.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing