Danley subs?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Any users of Danley around here? Seem like pretty good value and good reputation from what I hear...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hmmmm. Never heard of them before. Must investigate!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Probably the best testimonial I've read in a looooooong time. :) Makes me wonder if Eve Anna wrote it :lol:

"Customer Testimonial - The DTS20 is unstinking amazing and I can't imagine why anyone would want more SPL than this thing will do. - Lang"

The one that looks like it can go under a couch looks trippy. Hehehe.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Probably the best testimonial I've read in a looooooong time. :) Makes me wonder if Eve Anna wrote it :lol:

If you're referring to EveAnna Manley, she owns Manley Labs. This is sub is Danley Sound Labs. Close but a different company.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Yes this sub is insane and I love it. It is quick enough for music and still slam when watching movies. It is the best sub for its size I've ever used. The closest I've come before was running two BassMaxx B1 sub horns and they were four feet by four feet and 22 inches deep. Each of those held an 18" McCauley 6174 ultra sub.

You can see it in the corner. It comes in baltic birch and I veneered it in Macassar ebony.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks. That was a really useful read including the bit about not using too long of a screw!

How much do you reckon it weighs assembled?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Thanks. That was a really useful read including the bit about not using too long of a screw!

How much do you reckon it weighs assembled?

I comes in around 300 pounds. Not something you want to move around to much. I used the 4-wheel furniture dolly to help while tying to determine the best placement in the room.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
I continue to marvel at wardsweb photos of his projects

Thank you sir. I have always been a very visual person. Take that along with a love of photography and sharing my passions is the natural outcome. I hope others may learn from my rights and wrongs to aid them in duplicating or bringing their own projects to life.

silviajulieta

Jul 6, 2010
México city. rauliruegas@hotmail.com
Any users of Danley around here? Seem like pretty good value and good reputation from what I hear...

Dear Amir: Why any one could " talk " about subwoofer on an audio item like the Danley that IMHO is not a true subwoofer?. its " main " specs said:

Specifications
Operating Frequency Range .............................. 48 Hz - 200 Hz - 3 dB
................................................................................... 41 Hz -10dB

48 Hz for a true subwoofer?, could be but not in " my book " that certainly could be wrong. Btw, no THD spec in its site.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Raul

Danley makes monster subs .. Subs ... He actually has a patent on a subwoofers that uses some kind of disc Drive mechanisms rather than a conventional cone to produce below 10 Hz in labs .. Look at his website

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/

The DTS 10 is a 100 DB/W/m beast that is down -10 DB at 10 Hz and only -3 dB at 12 Hz and capable of handling 1000 watts continuous and able to produce 139 dB ... on paper .. In a room with room again it might produce more, much more ...

silviajulieta

Jul 6, 2010
México city. rauliruegas@hotmail.com
Raul

Danley makes monster subs .. Subs ... He actually has a patent on a subwoofers that uses some kind of disc Drive mechanisms rather than a conventional cone to produce below 10 Hz in labs .. Look at his website

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/

The DTS 10 is a 100 DB/W/m beast that is down -10 DB at 10 Hz and only -3 dB at 12 Hz and capable of handling 1000 watts continuous and able to produce 139 dB ... on paper .. In a room with room again it might produce more, much more ...

Dear Frantz: Now I can see it and for what I read that DTS10 is a typical HT subwoofer and maybe not the best for a home two channel music listening system. Anyway good to know alternatives for HT.

A really impressive pro subwwofer system was one designed by Dr. Hsu that goes down 4 HZ!!!. If I remember the system weights around 1K kg at over 100K dollars, certainly not for home audio systems.

raul.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Dear Frantz: Now I can see it and for what I read that DTS10 is a typical HT subwoofer and maybe not the best for a home two channel music listening system. Anyway good to know alternatives for HT.

A really impressive pro subwwofer system was one designed by Dr. Hsu that goes down 4 HZ!!!. If I remember the system weights around 1K kg at over 100K dollars, certainly not for home audio systems.

raul.

Raul

I haven't heard a DTS10 but I would not a priori reject it for 2 Channel use ..

ca1ore

Aug 31, 2010
I have been using a DTS-10 for about 10 months now and it is the best sub I have heard - and I have heard a lot of them. I cross it over quite low (around 30hz.) because my mains have terrific low bass already, and find it outstanding for music - both surround and 2-channel.

Although this sub is a bit pricier than it was when I got it as a kit, the low-bass extension and sense of powere make all my prior subs seem like toys in comparison. The only downside is that it is big, and may limit the chice of room placment. Mine actually sits behind me in the rear left corner, but that has proven to be a good spot for low bass at my primary listening position.

A great sub!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing