What's the most recent piece of audio equipment you have purchased and when?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Funniest thing I've read all day. I did play Hindemith's Sonata for Solo Cello on LP last night, and I know Al would love this recording. Alas, I think it is only available on vinyl.

That yggy of his is a piece of schiit

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I purchased the Aqua Formula DAC a month or so back. With HQPlayer and even without, absolutely fantastic IMO.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Funniest thing I've read all day. I did play Hindemith's Sonata for Solo Cello on LP last night, and I know Al would love this recording. Alas, I think it is only available on vinyl.

Paul Hindemith Viola Sonata, Op. 11 No. 4 and Op. 11 No. 5 for solo viola are one of the few classical recordings that happily force me to listen to vinyl :)- , as well as many jazz LPs.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Paul Hindemith Viola Sonata, Op. 11 No. 4 and Op. 11 No. 5 for solo viola are one of the few classical recordings that happily force me to listen to vinyl :)- , as well as many jazz LPs.

Thanks. I will look those up. What vinyl set up do you have to play along side your incredible Vivaldi stack?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Thanks. I will look those up. What vinyl set up do you have to play along side your incredible Vivaldi stack?

The Forsell Air Force One Reference with the air bearing large flywheel and an ARC Phon REF5 SE. I played a little with a vintage idler wheel and SME 3012R but came back to the Forsell.

harleyguy

VIP/Donor
Mar 6, 2015
added to my collection
1-tech das afo
2-kuzma 4 point
3-graham phantom elite
4-clearaudio gold finger statement
5-koetsu blue lace
6-kubala sosna elation ic,analog and pc cables
7-hrs shelve

done for a bit

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Harley, that's a list good enough for TWO lifetimes!
Have a breather

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing