Jecklin ES plus Berning MicroZotl

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
I must admit that I have not heard the Orpheus, nor the real Stax E'stats with their dedicated tubeamp -

but for anybody going into the direction of highend earphones: Try and locate the Jecklin Electrostatic earspeakers, driven by a MicroZotl amp i consider this the ultimate within my knowledge - with above caveat, which does not really count that much, we are talking around 800$for the JEcklin, and around 600$ for the Berning, so quite a bit below the SOTA offerings from Stax and Sennheiser.

Anybody heard this?

PS No personal affilitation whatsoever, would be difficult anyway, as these things are mostly to be found s.h..

caesar

May 30, 2010
I must admit that I have not heard the Orpheus, nor the real Stax E'stats with their dedicated tubeamp -

but for anybody going into the direction of highend earphones: Try and locate the Jecklin Electrostatic earspeakers, driven by a MicroZotl amp i consider this the ultimate within my knowledge - with above caveat, which does not really count that much, we are talking around 800$for the JEcklin, and around 600$ for the Berning, so quite a bit below the SOTA offerings from Stax and Sennheiser.

Anybody heard this?

PS No personal affilitation whatsoever, would be difficult anyway, as these things are mostly to be found s.h..

I have not heard the combo. However, my interest in Berning headphone amps was piqued by the positive reviews of their regular amps. This led me to research the Berning on the head fi site and at Canjam, but I learned that the Berning was out of favor with the head-fiers, and you could do as well or better for the $$$. YMMV, of course.

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada

Anybody heard this?

I have my Jecklin more than 30 years, the origin foam gone long time ago, I replaced with some packing wast, and did some mods, change to Kimber's cable, took off selector switch direct couple to transformer from in put, replace better resistors etc. I do listen to Stax but no Sennheiser, I always use it for compare different amps' quality but Stax can't because they already come with it's power amp, SET 8 watt is best friend for them
cheers tony ma

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 337
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 358

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
Nice to see and hear; btw, if you need new foams, or even panels, you can easily, and cheaply, get them through

www.precide.ch

just send them a mail, they did that for me! egidius

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing