Neat tape deck not to mention the girl is cute too!

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
My brother came across this video, I love this. Can anybody identify this tape machine?

Enjoy

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Great find. I can just imagine what she is saying.....

Amir I'm part Italian but can't speak a lick except for some naughty words.

mimesis

Sep 26, 2010
She begins by talking about how many of the discs come from America but without (Italian) vocal tracks. So with a recorder one can take a recording and lay down your own tracks. In this example, I believe she is talking about how this recorder offers the whole orchestra track (I believe it's Count Basie track) but no voice. So she proceeds to lay down the first vocal track. Then she lays down a second one. Odd that she failed to mention that it provides "perfect sound forever" and better than live. :)

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
She begins by talking about how many of the discs come from America but without (Italian) vocal tracks. So with a recorder one can take a recording and lay down your own tracks. In this example, I believe she is talking about how this recorder offers the whole orchestra track (I believe it's Count Basie track) but no voice. So she proceeds to lay down the first vocal track. Then she lays down a second one. Odd that she failed to mention that it provides "perfect sound forever" and better than live. :)

William,

That makes perfect sense. I guess she was the #1 female singer in Italy during the '60's & 70's, very nice!

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Steve it could be. This was in 1961, so the Ampex flagship would be the 350/351 combo. It could be a Presto,but that's not exactly right either. It's not a Studer or a telefunken,so it's a mystery so far. It does look American though.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Universal language communicated all but the first sentence. Yes, it did include the last :).

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Kinda has that Tina Louise / Marilyn Monroe thing going, there :) It reminded me of an Ampex, too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing