Major discount on current Lexicon Processor

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I know some of us are waiting for the next generation Lexicon but the current one has a big price drop, making it super competitive with other products in its category: http://www.electronichouse.com/arti...db_music_and_cinema_processor/#When:18:47:52Z

"If you’ve had your eye on the MC-12HDB Music and Cinema Processor, Lexicon wants to reward your patience. The company just announced plans to drop the price on the preamplifier/processor.

The MC-12HDB was previously listed with an MSRP of $10,999. However, the new price is $7,999, which equals a $3,000 savings.

As for what that new price can get you, Lexicon says that the THX Ultra2-certified MC-12HDB is a “home theater control center.” It includes 7.2-channel surround-sound capability, decoding fo Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio via LPCM over HDMI, and multiple HDMI inputs, as well as an HDMI output.

Other features include the 24-bit/192kHz internal D/A converters operating in dual-differential mode; independent crossover, speaker distance and level controls for each of the main audio outputs; a broadcast-quality analog video switcher with upconversion to component video; and NTSC, PAL and SECAM compatibility. The component also supports three independent zones and 12 configurable inputs. Finally, there is an optional automatic digital room EQ system."

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I know some of us are waiting for the next generation Lexicon but the current one has a big price drop, making it super competitive with other products in its category: http://www.electronichouse.com/arti...db_music_and_cinema_processor/#When:18:47:52Z

"If you’ve had your eye on the MC-12HDB Music and Cinema Processor, Lexicon wants to reward your patience. The company just announced plans to drop the price on the preamplifier/processor.

The MC-12HDB was previously listed with an MSRP of $10,999. However, the new price is $7,999, which equals a $3,000 savings.

As for what that new price can get you, Lexicon says that the THX Ultra2-certified MC-12HDB is a “home theater control center.” It includes 7.2-channel surround-sound capability, decoding fo Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio via LPCM over HDMI, and multiple HDMI inputs, as well as an HDMI output.

Other features include the 24-bit/192kHz internal D/A converters operating in dual-differential mode; independent crossover, speaker distance and level controls for each of the main audio outputs; a broadcast-quality analog video switcher with upconversion to component video; and NTSC, PAL and SECAM compatibility. The component also supports three independent zones and 12 configurable inputs. Finally, there is an optional automatic digital room EQ system."

My hope was that Lexicon would have a trade in program for our old MC-12HDB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
And in your opinion, how good is the automatic EQ of this product. Any target curve management?
You know, ours goes straight into JBL Synthesis EQ so that feature is not being touched. My version is the older 12B without HDMI or room EQ so I don't have an experience.

We might retire this unit and replace it with our Mark Levinson 502 and if so, then I might be able to play with the Lex. I did speak to a factory person and he said its EQ was very good and above the other EQs but below the JBL Synthesis. I will see if the EQ kit came with it and if so will try to play with the software and report back.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
My hope was that Lexicon would have a trade in program for our old MC-12HDB
As I noted in the other thread, there is an upgrade program from this Lexicon to the next gen. What is cool is that the factory person told me that the trade in program is being based relative to people who paid the old cost not this discounted one! I guess that makes sense as the majority of the owners paid the original price.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing