Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Wadia S7i

A friend has had zero success getting a Wadia 581SE repaired through the official channels in UK/Ireland, so I wouldn't expect much.
    Wadia 581SE - Mark Levinson 432 - Sonus Faber Elipsa Red (SE) - GIK Acoustic panels - Kubala-Sosna cables - Finite Elemente Levelplus rack

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by aston456 View Post
    Hi Chuck,
    I donīt intend to use the Wadia as a transport but only as DAC.
    I already own an 861 SE which I recently rediscovered due to new XLR interconnects to my active speakers.
    Before that I had become a little unhappy in regard of the overall performance of the Wadia and had tried various other DACs which a priori sounded better.
    After moving to new interconnects with very low capacitance the picture changed completely and I fell in love again with the Wadia.
    But as always in this business one is never 100% satisfied and always striving for the better.
    Cheers
    Kai
    I've been a Wadia fan for a long time but it's just not competitive anymore. The Wadia 861se GNSC Statement was super romantic and a fun listen many years ago but less resolving and more closed in than the S7i GNSC Statement. However, those two were fully outclassed by the EMM Labs XDS1 (even the original V1 release - the V2 made the improvement even starker), which has been summarily trounced in every way by the new EMM Labs TX2/DA2, which imho has finally delivered on the promise of digital - I've stopped looking.

Long story short, digital has come a long way in the last 5+ years. There's a lot out there that you should try before spending money on dead end Wadia products.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    I would have to agree. I owned the S7 and when it was current it was as good as anything available. Unfortunately digital continues to improve and newer products have surpassed this 4 box unit.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum mono blocks, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :Meridian 808v6 & MC-200, SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I would have to agree. I owned the S7 and when it was current it was as good as anything available. Unfortunately digital continues to improve and newer products have surpassed this 4 box unit.

Whether anyone has surpassed a well set-up Wadia 922/931/270SE GNSC is debatable.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
    - Mark Twain

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Whether anyone has surpassed a well set-up Wadia 922/931/270SE GNSC is debatable.
    I don't think there is any question that many current products have now surpassed the Series 9 four box units comprising of the 931 decoding computer, 971 transport and a pair of 922 DAC's. Don't get me wrong if I was sure Wadia would have committed to a upgrade path for the devices I may not have sold them back in August of 2012.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum mono blocks, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :Meridian 808v6 & MC-200, SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456