Wadia S7i

krell_man

Dec 16, 2011
Egidius,

Peter Israelson used to be with Star Sound Technologies ( Audio Points ). He is first and foremost an amp and speaker designer, but also upgrades and builds cables. He's been around the industry a long time, John Schaffer knows him. Peter is a fanatic when it comes to his designs.

If you look on Audiogon at my system you'll see my S7i along with the outboard power supply that Peter designed and made. As I said, I was fortunate enough to give Peter the freedom to take the S7i as far as he wanted to go with it. The S7i and power supply, which weighs 40 lbs., are filled with the best that he found. Duelund Cast pieces, Blackgate NX caps, Bybee Super Effect filters, along with a slew of other components. Peter spent two months designing and building the power supply, and then had my S7i for three months, testing component after component until he was satisfied with each piece.

This is the first of it's kind modification that I know of, and as far as I know, it's the only S7i in a person's home this souped up. Maybe Wadia has something like it in the R&D department, but since they're working within the restraints of a model that's able to be mass produced and at a certain price point, it will never see the light of day on the consumer market.

Chuck

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
very, very cool...thanks for the description K-Man. Enjoy!!!!!

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
"This is the first of it's kind modification that I know of, and as far as I know, it's the only S7i in a person's home this souped up". Very true. I have the GNSC Statement S7i with Blackgates, but the power supply is beefed up and not separate. I can only quess how lovely yours must sound, because mine sounds simply gorgeous.

Please can some one tell me if the GNSC Statement mods use the Bybee Power Rails?

Last edited:

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Any one?

krell_man

Dec 16, 2011
Bybee Music Rails in the GNSC S7i . . .

Jim,

You should be able to open up your S7i and see if you have them. They might be in the area behind the transport since that's where the transformers are.

I know that there aren't any in my upgraded S7i. I asked Peter about using them before he started. He used Bybee filters, but not the Music Rails. He said that with what he was doing with the external power supply, the Music Rails would not have been beneficial.

Chuck

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Jim,

You should be able to open up your S7i and see if you have them. They might be in the area behind the transport since that's where the transformers are.

I know that there aren't any in my upgraded S7i. I asked Peter about using them before he started. He used Bybee filters, but not the Music Rails. He said that with what he was doing with the external power supply, the Music Rails would not have been beneficial.

Chuck

Chuck, did you start with the GNSC Statement mod, before Peter?

krell_man

Dec 16, 2011
Chuck, did you start with the GNSC Statement mod, before Peter?

Jim,

No, my S7i was a stock unit, the same for my Spectron amp being stock to begin with. I would have hated to see Peter pulling out and discarding items from the GNSC Statement mod or the Spectron mod that he wasn't going to use or was going to replace. After all, if I paid extra for the mods and Peter didn't use those items, that would be a shame. Modding a mod can really be expensive.

Chuck

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Chuck, thanks for reply (as usual).

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Yes. I have no choice unfortunately.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi MarinJim,

when you say move on...what are you planning on doing then?

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Get back on my feet after my hip operation(s).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Ah...good luck and all the best for a speedy recovery.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Thank-you very much.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
My GNSC Statement Wadia S7i is still for sale. Listed now on Audiogon for $11,950 ($18,000). It is 8 months new and will let it go to WBF member for $11K firm.

Last edited:

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
No firm price. I am willing to negotiate.

SOLD

Last edited:

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I have the new ModWright Elyse DAC. On a completely higher level than my old GNS Wadia S7i, and that is with a inexpensive new Sony BD player BDP-S7200. I am looking for a SOTA cd transport.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have the new ModWright Elyse DAC. On a completely higher level than my old GNS Wadia S7i, and that is with a inexpensive new Sony BD player BDP-S7200. I am looking for a SOTA cd transport.

Metronome Kalista Ref or the current Calypso is my all around favorite (other than my own personal favorite Zanden). There is one available but its still $17K. Sublime does not even begin to describe what i have heard each time i compare other transports (Krell, ARC, Meridian, etc) which i have done on a number of occasions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing