Joe Bonamassa At The Royal Albert Hall

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
KQED, our local public interest channel, is showing (right now) the Joe Bonamassa concert from last year at the Royal Albert Hall. Clapton joins in on the fun.

It will be airing several more times over the next few days. If you want to see someone who I consider to be the embodiment of the present and future of the blues, please check this out. I saw Bonamassa over a year ago in S.F. - same tour - and was just absolutely blown away. The dude is phenomenal on guitar and has the voice to go with it. I've got about 6 or 7 of his albums - all great.

I've got my DVR set to record this show. It's a keeper.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
The Blu-ray of that show is in my Amazon cart! If you haven't seen them yet, I put up a few Bonamassa videos in the video thread. The 12 year old Joe blowing away the crowd at an early concert is a highlight!

Lee

Randy Bessinger

Jun 29, 2010
Just wanted to add that I saw Joe in KC a couple weeks ago and it was the best I have ever seen him play and I have seen him about 5 times. He played pretty much without interruption for 2 hours and then another 20 minute encore. He was very personable and it was a fun show. He mentioned that he started playing 10 years ago in KC and played for "Roger (former owner) at the Grand Emporiumand and when I say I played for Roger, I mean it as he was pretty much the only one there." I am sure he has a similiar story for every city, but it was pretty funny just the same.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Ron which album would your recommend as a point of entry?

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing