High-capacity Juicer

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone. Anyone own a good high-capacity juicer? We have an ACME and it works well and is easy to clean. Unfortunately, i can't even juice half a bag of carrots before it fills up and stops juicing.

We have a lot of fruit trees in our vacation house and would love to have a high capacity unit I can use to juice for example a few pounds of apples withing having to stop and clean all the time.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We have the Vita-Mix blender. Do you mean this or do they make juicers? If you mean the blender, then it is a different thing. I use our Vita-mix a lot but sometimes I like to have a drink, not the whole thing :).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Now we are talking :). Looks good indeed. I was hoping there was a consumer unit with pulp going into a bucket and not held inside. Thanks guys.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Now we are talking :). Looks good indeed. I was hoping there was a consumer unit with pulp going into a bucket and not held inside. Thanks guys.

I can easily make at least a quart of juice with mine but the bucket does fill up

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Mine will make two cups. But when I touch the pulp at that amount, it is completely wet! For it to be dry, I am limited to one cup which just isn't worth the aggravation to use. So a quart would be big progress. And seems like you can empty the bucket in this one without taking the machine apart which you have to do with mine. Better yet, yours has a big mouth. Mine get stuck with medium size carrots and have to slice them!

Steve Williams

Mine will make two cups. But when I touch the pulp at that amount, it is completely wet! For it to be dry, I am limited to one cup which just isn't worth the aggravation to use. So a quart would be big progress. And seems like you can empty the bucket in this one without taking the machine apart which you have to do with mine. Better yet, yours has a big mouth. Mine get stuck with medium size carrots and have to slice them!

Amir

if you are into the art of juicing , this Breville is the one to consider. My daughters got me into juicing so rather than making large amts of apple juice like you wanted, I use everything from apples, oranges, celery, beets, ginger, etc, etc. This is not a mickey mouse motor. It gives you juice in the flash of the eye and you need the huge bin because the residue flies into it just as quickly

Worth the money. MSRP is $600 but you can find them online much cheaper. Be certain of the correct model however as they make many

Steve Williams

So what is the difference between juice and blend and dual disc version?

I have last year's version which lacks this feature. My guess is a different screen for juice and for blend

Husk

Member Sponsor
Apr 20, 2010
Spokane, Wa.
Amirm, I have been checking out juicers the last 2 weeks and here is what I have learned. I think the best 2 juicers , and there are a ton of them, are the Norwalk (2500) and the Super Angel 5500 (950) both on line. The juicers like the Breville that do make a lot of juice fast really do not compare in juice quality because the juice is heated and it destroys the enzymes. The other 2 are called cold press machines. They grind and squeeze the fruit. It is never heated. You can eep the juice for 48 hrs. Norwalk has been making the same product in Arkansaw for 35 years. It is the benchmark but it is big and heavy (57 lbs). The Angel is made in Korea by a guy who was dying of cancer and decided he wanted to make the worlds best juicer. He has been improving it for 15 years. It is relatively small (20lbs) and made with all stainless parts. A beautiful design IMO. At any rate I ordered one and it will be here on Monday. I am recovering from prostate cancer and do know that a lot of cancer survivors use the Norwalk.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Boy, just when I thought I could get in and out of this thing for $500 :). Looks like the main complaints about the machine are the slower pace and bit of a hassle cleaning the screen. Do let us know how you like yours.

Husk

Member Sponsor
Apr 20, 2010
Spokane, Wa.
Will do. You might want to take a look at both the Norwalk and the Angel web sites. Great story being told by both inventors. You are right in that you will have to choose between a slower speed cold press gear type machine that makes the highest quality possible and the faster spinning type machine like Breville. Keep in mine that the cold press machines typically yields about 40% more juice than its counterpart. If you are planning on juicing everyday with organic product, the extra yield quickly pays for the more expensive cold press type machines. Another point to keep in mind is that with the cold press machines , you can juice 2 days juice at a time and the juice will maintain all the minerals whereas the spinning machines will not do that. Clean up is probably about the same for both type machines. Maybe actually easier for the spining type machine.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I do think the units you suggested have a better approach. I am just hoping there is not a lot of hassle that comes with better performance. So thanks for the suggestion and yes, I will keep reading. :)

Steve Williams

Will do. You might want to take a look at both the Norwalk and the Angel web sites. Great story being told by both inventors. You are right in that you will have to choose between a slower speed cold press gear type machine that makes the highest quality possible and the faster spinning type machine like Breville. Keep in mine that the cold press machines typically yields about 40% more juice than its counterpart. If you are planning on juicing everyday with organic product, the extra yield quickly pays for the more expensive cold press type machines. Another point to keep in mind is that with the cold press machines , you can juice 2 days juice at a time and the juice will maintain all the minerals whereas the spinning machines will not do that. Clean up is probably about the same for both type machines. Maybe actually easier for the spining type machine.

I agree with everything you stated. I juice every morning and drink it all for the very reason you give re loss of minerals etc

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
We replaced our Vita-Mix with this:
:D

It's a BlendTec...Wife loves it.:cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing