* Did you watch a film last night (on Blu or DVD), and what was it? *

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yes I did, and I like this flick for its sense of humor, the great camera shots, and the cool audio soundtrack! :cool:

On Blu of course:

* And as you can see from the cover, Angelina is in it! :)

Last edited:

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
We had some friends over this past Saturday night to watch a movie after we had met for dinner and they selected one (I own about 500 movies) I was sure I had seen since those I have not seen are in a different location.

They selected The Paycheck and as it turns out, I had not seen it. Or I completely forgot every moment of it!! It is a 2003 movie and stars Ben Affleck, Aaron Eckhart and Uma Thurman. Fun movie and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

MV5BMTczMzU5NDk4MV&#5.jpg

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
I am coming to the bottom of the bag of freebie BR discs that I picked up at CES so, last night, we watched "Salt." It was as noisy and improbable as we expected. Dare I scrape the bottom with "Hot Tub Time Machine?"

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I know. I actually enjoyed the movie, particularly the Matrix style fighting scenes.

Yes, there are some cool slow-motion shots in that flick! :cool:
And it has some good pulsing LFE moments too.

Luv that scene just before his Dad get killed. ...You know in the skyscraper, and he goes through the window and up to the other skyscraper. And with the agility of a true pro, he kills all the bad guys (from way up in free-standing air) that were just a decoy, in order to trap him! :)

Movies! What else? :)

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Salt was pretty good. Last night I watched The Bourne Supremacy. Better, I think.

Tim

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Due Date on blu-ray: Odd Couple stuck together on the road tailored to the talents of Robert Downey, Jr. and Zach Galafianakas (bearded guy from The Hangover).

Premise is very familiar. It's sort of like a cross between Rain Man and Planes, Trains and Automobiles, and many others.

I got enough laughs out of it to make it well worth a viewing and the PQ is very strong.

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
I watched Summer Wars on Blu-ray the other night and Ghost in the Shell 2.0 the night before, also on Blu-ray. Both are anime with a hybrid of computer graphics and traditional cel animation.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I just watched a movie with this line in it......

Well, this is the difference between truth and fiction. Fiction has to make sense.

Anybody want to guess the title? (No web searching!) :)

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I just watched a movie with this line in it......

Well, this is the difference between truth and fiction. Fiction has to make sense.

Anybody want to guess the title? (No web searching!) :)

Not sure of the movie.

I'm going to guess the original author of the line is Mark Twain.

My second guess would be Rod Serling.

If those two fail, I would try John Waters.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Movie was The International. :)

Worth a watch IMO, I'm a bit tired of whizz-bang thrillers and the aura of paranoia in this one was fresh in a way. I felt the sound track detracted rather than enhanced the film. I couldn't help but think how so many of the scenes might have been served better with just eery silence.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing