Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215216217218219220221222223224225
Results 2,241 to 2,248 of 2248

Thread: * Did you watch a film last night (on Blu or DVD), and what was it? *

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morten...ed_filmography

Same guy who directed 'The Imitation Game'
    No wonder I enjoyed both but of course Imitation Game is in entirely different class.

On discs, I was shocked to see thee discs in my package! I thought they had stopped releasing 3D discs.
    Amir
    Madrona Digital
    Founder, Audio Science Review Forum
    Contributing Editor, Widescreen Review Magazine

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amirm View Post
    No wonder I enjoyed both but of course Imitation Game is in entirely different class.

On discs, I was shocked to see thee discs in my package! I thought they had stopped releasing 3D discs.
    If they stop releasing 3D BR discs, might as well put all that money in an ultra hi-end stereo sound system with the best audio cables money can buy.

* Sony is saving money on packaging by putting the three versions in one package?
    You can watch the 4K disc with your wife, your friend Bob can watch the 3D BR disc, and your son the regular BR disc (1080p).
    And, you can sell the digital code on eBay for fifty cents.
    _______

It is a great psychological effect to have the power of controlling our own destiny. I say this because we live in an era where scientists are searching in space for other habitable planets. Some luminaries would like to have a tourist shuffle to visit other planets of the galaxy, to bring a bunch of passengers who can sleep for hundred years and wake up on the other side of our planetarium system (dark/pitch black spiraling hole).

In the movie business, sometimes (often too) with great ideas and lots of money comes great far fetched responsibilities impossible to fulfill for the better of humanity but to Hollywood industry's bank vaults for our pure entertainment. 'Passengers' is a space tapestry, un tableau, a painting, a TV OLED decoration, an shining ornament, a statue, a vase, a plant, an eye-catching moving imagery, a fun distraction, a different representation for different set of eyes, ears ... mind.

Question: How would you evaluate its fair replay value? On a technical sensory level, on a second entertaining expedition, on an imaginary level. 4K and 3D versions add.
    _______

Me too I liked 'The Imitation Game'. 'Passengers' for the polished decor sets, the fun/romantic/humorous aspect, and ... it is what it is; a romantic love story in space.

P.S. I just finished reading Chuck's last post; 'Passengers' is a film for couples in love. I think.
    _______

* Just for fun: http://www.metacritic.com/movie/passengers-2016
    Last edited by NorthStar; 03-16-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Question: How would you evaluate its fair replay value? On a technical sensory level, on a second entertaining expedition, on an imaginary level. 4K and 3D versions add.
    Replay value for the story and movie itself is pretty low. Replay value for visuals is very high as Audioguy mentioned above.

The night before this we watched the original Matrix and it was still enjoyable after dozens of watching. So compared to that standard, it is hard to ranking these movies high.
    Amir
    Madrona Digital

We all have a good point...regarding the replay value on the technical visuals (and audio) aspect versus film content (romance/humor).
    Five years from now, with 8K, 'Passengers' won't be no 'Casablanca'. ...A loose way to put it.
    ______

Films and music they animate us like children playing in the sand box when we were young, right besides the plastic inflatable swimming pool of the summer time. ...When we were 3-5-years old...like today's blowin' wind.

♦ Yesterday that picture from Aleppo; the older man listening to classical music on his turntable, smoking his pipe...

In only one frame there is an entire movie playing, and based on a true story. That's a powerful photograph; it made me research further, it made me step out of my routine, it opened another door on a sad reality, and on how we are so vulnerable us all.

The internet is the communication system with a view on the whole world. It inspires movie makers, in telling stories...true stories of the past and other stories of our future imagination. We all share our views; we don't always have the same expressed ones in our own words...and that's the challenging power of speaking a universal language...in films and in music. Some photographs without words can rip our hearts apart, others propel our soul to the heavens. Music playing from a modest to a sophisticated rigged system reaches us all right in the middle; in our emotional vibrating chords. ...Senses, sensitivities and sensibilities.

'Passengers' is a romance in space in travelling time...a light sci-fi vehicle for the two leads, young couple.

* The man above is also a time passenger/traveller, in space...Aleppo's space.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

What a powerful image. Thanks for posting it Bob. Amazing that man brings so much destruction onto itself.
    Amir
    Madrona Digital

It was posted one day before yesterday, on the fourteenth, in the Picture thread (no words) → http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...l=1#post441367

For that photograph, comments were made in words, and that was exceptional. Follow the replies; even I broke "silence" with two youtube videos of that man living in Aleppo. | Once in a while the rules can be broken and nobody gets hurt. It was still easy to find out its origin though, by right clicking on it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8366b18d7447

Alright, we all love Italian food and Italian wine:

If some people prefer Greek food and Greek wine that's fine too.
    Same for French food and French wine.

Lol, we feel closer to each other when we love similar food.
    I feel better now than before.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Ronm1's Avatar
    Sully
    Oblivion

I really liked both films guite a bit.
    A Bug!! Naa...that's a feature!!
    Cables at DAC end impedance matched. Synergistic

Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215216217218219220221222223224225