Any of you guys (girls) ever get fired from your job unjustly and ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
How do you feel when you were fired from your job without any valid reason whatsoever?
Or banned from a Forum in the same circumstances?

Ok, if your employer fires you just because he doesn't like you, or lie and say it's something else; you can always take legal action. But is it truly worth it?

On the Internet it is different and you cannot argue or defend yourself! What is it with some people who make decisions that can affect an entire community?

Are we losing real perspective? Do we understand the extent of our decisions? Do we respect the basic rights of our brothers and sisters? Are we afraid to communicate openly and politely with full respect? Even if someone else live his life that doesn't confirm with ours?

Are we forgiving people? Or do we build hatred to satisfy our egos? Are people from different countries with different set of emotions reacting differently? Or are those emotions the same?
I don't know how to explain, I can only go with what it is and how I feel about things...

If you feel something, anything, this is the thread where you are free to express your feelings, your emotions. Because after all, these are directly related to how we act and interact and react with Music and Moving Pictures, with people, with Life!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I'm banned on Martin Logan Owners.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Well, I'm banned on the Shack! ...But I feel fine about it! ...And the reason was invalid!

I'm also banned on AVS, but that was a big mistake from the mod!

I'm also banned on Ultra-High End, and that one was totally uncalled for?

I'm also banned on Blu-ray, and hatred is at play here! No good reason whatsoever!
...Could also be total misunderstanding!?!

* The World we live in is not so much about what we know, but as much about what we don't!
And if we cannot learn more about it, then we are limited in our knowledge!
- Bob

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have never been fired from a job nor have I ever been banned from an audio forum. It looks like I'm coming close here though so there is always the first time. I seem to be under instense scrutiny here. I can't even ask someone if they have a bee in their bonnet or a burr in their saddle without getting my post removed and a sharp PM rebuke.

We like to pride ourselves in this country for having free speech. The truth is, we don't really have free speech. Everything comes with a price tag whether we admit it or not. You can exercise your right to *free* speech, but it may cost you your job (happens all the time). Now days, political correctness rules the world at the expense of common sense and in many cases, the common good.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have never been fired from a job nor have I ever been banned from an audio forum. It looks like I'm coming close here though so there is always the first time. I seem to be under instense scrutiny here. I can't even ask someone if they have a bee in their bonnet or a burr in their saddle without getting my post removed and a sharp PM rebuke..

Remember those posts we were asked to remove about the "Tape Project" because someone got offended?

I think we have swung the pendulum in the other direction too far. Everything is too "PC". We've gone overboard trying not to offend anyone.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Good post Mep. If I may; Anything goes as long no one gets offended, and that we don't have control over!

Some people are more sensitive, others read the wrong lines, others misinterpret the true reality, and others simply don't care!

A man, or a woman, is a living person, and with a heart and emotions, and that we often forget!
Even our own families are sometimes ignored in the interest of our own pursuits! And this has some good in it, and as long we do understand it and respect it, we can always go back to them!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Well, I'm banned on the Shack! ...But I feel fine about it! ...And the reason was invalid!

I'm also banned on AVS, but that was a big mistake from the mod!

I'm also banned on Ultra-High End, and that one was totally uncalled for?

I'm also banned on Blu-ray, and hatred is at play here! No good reason whatsoever!
...Could also be total misunderstanding!?!

* The World we live in is not so much about what we know, but as much about what we don't!
And if we cannot learn more about it, then we are limited in our knowledge!
- Bob

Bob-If you have been banned in so many places, it's probably time to look in the mirror. I don't think that many accidents can happen. Once or twice maybe, four times? I know that many people don't appreciate honesty unless you sugar coat it and put a bunch of smiley faces after you told somebody something that wasn't really pleasant and no smiley face is really intended, but sometimes we need to tell the truth to each other and ourselves. Best boss I ever worked for had a huge sign in his office that said "It's better to receive an ass chewing from a wise man than praise from a fool." It's a very true statement. However, most people would rather have praise from a fool because it feels better even though they learn nothing.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Remember those posts we were asked to remove about the "Tape Project" because someone got offended?

Bruce-I remember it like it was yesterday. I was personally impressed that you had the guts to come out and say it in public.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Bruce-I remember it like it was yesterday. I was personally impressed that you had the guts to come out and say it in public.

Yeah.. things like that get you kicked off forums!

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com

I think we have swung the pendulum in the other direction too far. Everything is too "PC". We've gone overboard trying not to offend anyone.

Bruce,

I missed that one.

Bob,

You know my feelings about what happened over at Blu-ray.com.

Rich

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Good post Mep. If I may; Anything goes as long no one gets offended, and that we don't have control over!

Some people are more sensitive, others read the wrong lines, others misinterpret the true reality, and others simply don't care!

A man, or a woman, is a living person, and with a heart and emotions, and that we often forget!
Even our own families are sometimes ignored in the interest of our own pursuits! And this has some good in it, and as long we do understand it and respect it, we can always go back to them!

Bob-Anything doesn't go here-trust me. Some people take great offense at seemingly everything. Like I said, I have never been fired from a job in my life and I haven't been banned from any audio forums. I have enough confidence in myself that I won't get fired before I choose to retire. I certainly don't have that same confidence that I won't get banned here before I choose to quit posting. He who has the gold rules. I own no gold here.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bob-If you have been banned in so many places, it's probably time to look in the mirror. I don't think that many accidents can happen. Once or twice maybe, four times? I know that many people don't appreciate honesty unless you sugar coat it and put a bunch of smiley faces after you told somebody something that wasn't really pleasant and no smiley face is really intended, but sometimes we need to tell the truth to each other and ourselves. Best boss I ever worked for had a huge sign in his office that said "It's better to receive an ass chewing from a wise man than praise from a fool." It's a very true statement. However, most people would rather have praise from a fool because it feels better even though they learn nothing.

Mep, I'm a member at over hundreds of Forums, and I worked for over hundreds of employers!
My average is 99%! Of good reputation!

Numbers are nothing, they are an irrelative value!
What truly counts are the real results of all your actions!

My aspirations are to Perfection! And Freedom! And Peace!

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Mep, I'm a member at over hundreds of Forums, and I worked for over hundreds of employers!

You must be retired then. I don't even have time to post in the 3-4 that I belong to.

mep

Apr 20, 2010

Numbers are nothing, they are an irrelative value!
What truly counts are the real results of all your actions!

My aspirations are to Perfection! And Freedom! And Peace!

Hundreds of employers?? What kind of freelance work do you perform? You have to be an independent contractor or consultant to have had that many jobs.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hundreds of employers?? What kind of freelance work do you perform? You have to be an independent contractor or consultant to have had that many jobs.

I worked in orchards and as a tree planter for 30 years, and before that I worked in all the factories in my hometown.
I am a highballer and always have been, and for that you move a lot and see a lot of people, and employers from all over...

Trust me!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I worked in orchards and as a tree planter for 30 years, and before that I worked in all the factories in my hometown.
I am a highballer and always have been, and for that you move a lot and see a lot of people, and employers from all over...

Trust me!

Well, you know what they say. You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think (that's a horticulture joke people, don't get offended!). Seriously, what is a highballer?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Well, you know what they say. You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think (that's a horticulture joke people, don't get offended!). Seriously, what is a highballer?

A highballer is a person with extra stamina, a lot of endurance; physical and psychological strength!
It's an individual that produces more, plants more trees than the average, way at the top, and who is consistent day in day out!
And I was for 30 years! But I am also like that with everything else in life!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Remember the only onethat really owes you free speech is the government.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing