1,000+ members!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Congratulations to Amir and Steve for reaching this milestone. I have no idea what it takes in terms of financial resources, time and research to get a site like this operational and successful. I also have no idea how one attracts experts and industry leaders to a site, but you both have managed to attract some very recognizable and respected individuals for participition here. Kudos to you both!

I do have one major concern however. I think the forum suffers from too much tech-talk. I truly and honestly believe that this a roadblock and stops many visitors from signing up as members. I have mentioned this before to the chagrin of some, but also to the agreement of several others. If you don't agree, all you have to do is look at the music related threads, blu-ray threads or others to see that there are days and weeks before anyone responds or participates. Yet, post a techno-issue and within a day or two we have 2/3/4 pages of replies. Is that what WBF is or wants to be? A techno-exclusive forum? It seems to me that this is the attraction.

It may seem like I'm critisising the efforts put forth, but I really am not. Maybe I just want a clearer direction of what WBF is supposed to be.

John

PS: I hold Amir, Steve and Ron and Lee in the highest regard, and in no way am I dumping on them. I just want to know the direction WBF is going and wants to go.

Also, I didn't know where else to post this...so feel free to move to anoher area

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
We're committed to providing a supportive atmosphere for both software and hardware. During this INTENSIVE growth phase of the last few months, we've strived to develop our expert forum areas as a primary focus. We believe that WBF is standing above others by virtue of the incredible knowledge base of our expert panel. While not intentional, we have not given quite as much attention to the software threads. I take part of that responsibility upon myself for the dormancy of those forums. While we will certainly continue to develop our expert forums at WBF, I will do my best to remember that music is the driving force behind this pursuit. Look for more music postings in the near future.

Thanks,

Lee

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I currently have limited internet access. However I expect to remedy that shortly. I will continue to look for software that the members might enjoy. We welcome all input. Especially you country western fans. As we all know everything you need to know about life is in a country song.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
John, I'll try to do my part on the not techy stuff! ...I already started it with some Blu-rays with great Picture Quality. :)
And I luv to talk Music and Artists as well.

Bravo for the one thousand plus members!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks John for the post and the combined efforts of everyone to get us here. Heaven knows that by ourselves, we would be just sitting here, staring at each other :).

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks John

I have been island hopping in the south Caribbean for the past 10 days and darn but I was away for the milestone. I do agree with you about the software issue and I bet that with time and more members this concern will be a non issue as we go forward.

IMO these are not only exciting times but so also challenging times for WBF as our membership numbers begin to grow so rapidly

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
As an early member here, I'd like to add my (a bit belated) congrats to everyone involved behind the scenes at WBF. Way to go, guys!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Woohoo! I just noticed we now have 2,001 members!

I think we need to change the thread title now!:)

Othersongs

Jun 27, 2011
Chicago-ish
I'll bet that less than 5% of the members make 90% of the posts.

Nothing wrong with that.

Meaning that that 5% have at least got brains and seem to me to not be inclined to permit the stupid stuff that happens on AVS.

IMO where WBF goes from here depends on the moderators.

e.g web newsgroup rec.audio.high-end has it's limits due to the belief(s) of it's moderator. IMO it is it's one great downside.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Just a simple aknowledgement of appreciation...

Hey! First, Congrats!

Now! Where do we go?
Same place where Steve, and Amir wanted to go at the very beginning when they created, started WBF:
The Best of the Best in All Categories, with real Experts and real Respect among All of Us!

And that means also Best Value, Best Products for the Money, Best Audio Recordings, Best Wines, Best Cars, Best Watches, Best Pets, Best Wifes, Best Friends, Best Movies, Best Music, Best Speakers, Best Members, Best Contributors, Best Experts, Best Discussions, Best Acoustics, Best Communications, Best Integration, Best Balance, Best Classical, Best Blues, Best Jazz, Best Rock & Roll, Best Heavy Metal, Best Folk, Best World Music, Best of the Best, Best People, Best Wisdom, Best People's Intelligence, Best Moderators, Best Administration, Best Guests, Best Visitors, Best Dialogs, Best Tips, Best Advices, Best Sharing, Best Knowledge, Best Fun & Humor, Best of ALL! In Everything, Everywhere, In Everyone, Everytime, with Time, Past, Present & Future...

* It has already been written, and it is in the Main Introduction and Main Conceptualisation of the Main Forum's Philosophy, right here at WBF.
And it is by Everyone's adherence; all members, moderators, expert contributors, and forum creators that we can only attain that very Best Goal.

It's a common effort by everyone's Best involvement!

And I personally & truly swear that I will do my very Best to make WBF the Best place to Exchange, Have Fun, Learn, Share, Live with all the other members, expert contributors, professional 'various specializations' people, pro writers, and the entire staff the very Best Experience in an harmonius verisimilitude... And all that Jazz...

Peace & Love,
Bob

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes, I was lucky enough to check at just the right moment, saw the precise magic number 2,000 on the counter: nothing like the bit of silliness of getting a thrill watching the odometer click over to a line of all zeros ...

Frank

And Frank, the very first digit is what that makes all counts! It's the Best one!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing