Page 1 of 65 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Upgrade Company

The Upgrade Company

Anyone have any experience with this company? I found some positive reviews and no negatives ones. But I'm always wary of these kinds of companies as I have heard some bad things about some of them.

My specific interest is upgrading my Integra 80.2.

EDIT: Never mind. I just found some info on another site. Won't be doing business with this guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this company? I found some positive reviews and no negatives ones. But I'm always wary of these kinds of companies as I have heard some bad things about some of them.

My specific interest is upgrading my Integra 80.2.

EDIT: Never mind. I just found some info on another site. Won't be doing business with this guy!!!
    Hi Chuck,

I hope that this doesn't start into another battleground on this. But, I have much experience and most pleased with my results. I probably have more gear in the US modified by Dave Schulte and the Upgrade Company including my Onkyo 885 which just recently had the latest upgrades done.

You may wish to check this recent article in Positive Feedback on the results with some Marantz equipment:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue53/marantz.htm

Rich
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 02-23-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    Richard A. Nelridge

http://www.nelridge.com

Chuck, you have a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Hi Chuck,

I hope that this doesn't start into another battleground on this. But, I have much experience and most pleased with my results. I probably have more gear in the US modified by Dave Schulte and the Upgrade Company including my Onkyo 885 which just recently had the latest upgrades done.

You may wish to check this rcent article in Positive Feedback on the results with some Marantz equipment:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue53/marantz.htm

Rich
    After my initial post and before my edit, I found some information on this company and will not be contacting them. You are apparently very fortunate that you have been pleased with his work. Many many, many, many, many, many have not been so pleased.

The Upgrade Company

I had read an awful lot of material about TUC before sending my EMM pair to David Schulte and did not find much negative feedback from those who used his service. I reluctantly sent this very expensive digital front end in about two years ago, and I was surprised how, after about 200 hrs. breakin, the improvement over stock. I am lucky enough to have had a stock EMM pair on hand for comparison. Whatever he is doing seems to raise the performance level of even the highest high end gear.
    Recently, I sent my Bel Canto PRE2 to David, and I am now breaking it in. Right out of the box, there was a noticeable increase in sound stage and clarity, so much so that I had to decrease my default volumes by 2 dB. The sound was not louder, only bigger and more three dimensional. There is really not much risk, since he provides a 5 year warranty and a buy-back clause if you are not pleased with the work. On other forums (like Audiocircle an Audiokarma) there has been a lot of negativity, mostly from people who have not had the opportunity to judge the work of TUC. The big sticking point is the lack of detailed information about what is actually modded inside. Unlike Modwright, David keeps details secret; and, that is what raises the suspicions of doubters about whether he is doing anything major. My experience, along with the ability to A-B stock vs. mod, has been nothing but positive.
    Last edited by preale; 02-27-2011 at 08:46 AM.

OK here we go again. Internet claims like "Many many, many, many, many, many have not been so pleased." is a blatant lie. Where are these supposed clients? If they existed we'd have heard from them by now. They'd demand their money back or file a Better Business Bureau complaint. We have not had a single complaint and we're "A+" rated by the nationwide BBB algorythm. Where are all the testimonials from other modifiers and manufacturers? Do they earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year doing upgrades/mods? Not to my knowledge. Why can't they earn a decent nationwide independent rating from the Better Business Bureau? It is quite clear why, and it's the same people who come on these Internet forums and post lies about the great work The Upgrade Company provides audiophiles the world over.

The Upgrade Company is the premier high end audio video aftermarket modification firm. We have thousands of worldwide clients who are just thrilled. We do not have to resort to posting photo's of competitors rip-off mods (with no money back gaurantee) or take out anonymous names online to talk up our services like other modifiers routinely do. Our strong endorsements and State of the Art upgrades speak for themselves. It's sad that manufacturers and competitors are not even half way decent enough to earn a meager "B" BBB rating let alone our "A+" that is exclusive in the aftermarket upgrade modification industry.

The Upgrade Company can count among it's loyal clients veteran high end manufacturer/owners, major university professors and composers of music, lifelong diehard well healed audiophiles, and converts from other mod firms who claim to modify & improve the unit yet only cobble on tubed output stages while leaving the rest of the unit stock despite their claims and phony beefed up online posts. If any other modification firm could do what we do they'd have years and years worth of testimonials and emails from highly satisfied clients by now. At least a "B+" BBB rating. After all this time it is apparent that they have too many dissatisfied clients to earn a decent BBB rating. Instead competitors and manufacturers have to resort to outright lies to smear our good name. Our strong endorsements from satisfied clients speak for themselves.

Consumers are discovering the truth: High end products are not high end inside at all, they're all built "For Profit".

It's sad that manufacturers and competitors have chosen to resort to anonymous lying online year after year.

WBF Technical Expert (Pro Audio Production)/Member Sponsor Bruce B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Upgrade Company LLC View Post
    OK here we go again. Internet claims like "Many many, many, many, many, many have not been so pleased." is a blatant lie.......
    Wow... interesting first post...
    Bruce A. Brown
    Puget Sound Studios
    Stereomojo reviewer
    Seattle, WA

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Wow... interesting first post...
    I just hope that this doesn't turn into another all out no holds barred bloody battlefield.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

http://www.nelridge.com

Quote Originally Posted by preale View Post
    Whatever he is doing seems to raise the performance level of even the highest high end gear.
    I'd be interested in seeing what these mods look like. How about opening up your unit, snapping some photos and posting them?

What do you want photo's for? Can't afford the upgrade or do you just want to steal details? Asking for photo's and details for free is the same as attempted theft.

Pay for an upgrade pal.

For years we've maintained a 100% Buy Back Gaurantee. Nothing to lose and far higher performance then you can buy anywhere else.

Page 1 of 65 123456789101151 ... LastLast