The Offical Tech-Spec FREE Thread!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This thread is a tech-spec free zone! No spec-talk will be tolerated! Leave your DBT's, dB's, jitter, wow and flutter at the door! Analog and Digital are bad words and should not be mentioned either. You can talk audio all you want, BUT no numbers, no data. Got it?:p

Of course, politics and religion are also not welcome, but everything else is fair game. I am also encouraging this to be a relatively unmoderated zone, although I understand it must be "big brother" watched.

I'll start....

I had my very first acupuncture treatment yesterday and I loved it! They inserted half a dozen needles and only one caused a slight irritation. I have been suffering from back pain for 25 years, due to a fall, and nothing really ever worked. I think I may have found a treatment that works for me.

Ordered some wings and a pizza last night, and I tell ya I was in double-bacon and triple-cheese heaven! The wings were well-done and crispy with a beautiful creamy garlic dipping sauce! At 57 I should probably be more concerned about my dietary intake, but hell....the good Lord gave us chickens and pigs not just to look at.

Listened to the Classic Records issue of John Lee Hooker's The Healer last night.......what a killer, killer pressing this is. Super quiet, great dynamics, and clear as a bell. I consider myself a very lucky man to have seen him back in the late eighties at Toronto's Ontario Place at a venue called the Molson Amphitheatre. It was Blues revue night and a major tour I think. The lineup was:

John Lee Hooker
BB King
Etta James
Buddy Guy
Jr.Walker & The All-Stars
Bella Fleck & The Flecktones

I'm sure there were a few others, but I can't remember. All I know is that my ex gave me hell 'cause I bought a t-shirt....WTF? LOL! Some people just don't get it!

Sitting back right now watching some youtube videos of mine that a friend asked me to forward. I love youtube!

See! It's easy to not talk tech talk! I'm having fun and I think you should too. I know you do, so jump in and talk the tech talk later! :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hooker's duet with Bonnie Raitt is terrific, don't you think?

Lee

Phenomenal. In fact, there isn't really a weak cut on the whole album.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hooker's duets with Santana ain't bad either.

No doubt about it! The synergy between JLH and CS is a standout...it's like they were born to do this. It's rare when something this magical happens. k.d.lang and Roy Orbison's duet of Crying is another that was just meant to be.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Good call. If you search on youtube, you can find a video of Roy and K.D. on The Tonight Show from about 25 years ago performing this song. Fun watch, since everyone looks so much younger.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Good call. If you search on youtube, you can find a video of Roy and K.D. on The Tonight Show from about 25 years ago performing this song. Fun watch, since everyone looks so much younger.

Just watched that!

I was thinking if Nat King Cole were alive and how many of today's artists would love to do a duet with him. That man had one of the most amazing voices ever. The smoothness, the depth....just mind-blowing!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing