Album Art

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Some software, like itunes, requires you to either accept mediocre album art or add better album art that you can find. If you're like me, you like to have nice crisp, well resolved album art in your database. Here's a great site for finding high quality album art.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Album Art Downloader queries all of these sites automatically and allows you to choose the best file. It's still a bit more work than programs that download the artwork for you, but for programs like Foobar that don't or if you want to choose the file yourself, this is the best option I'm aware of. I usually sort the files by size, so the larger files are on top.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

Jay_S

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
San Francisco - East Bay
Fork, based on your post I installed AAD. I've only tried it on a couple of albums so far but this looks like a useful and fairly powerful program. I do like to choose album art myself so I don't mind a program that's not super-automated.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks fork, very good piece of software ...

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Cover art is great, but what I want more is info on associated artists, mastering, producer, etc. so that I can get other similar music. Since I buy CD's mostly from Amazon, I download album art from there and also at the same time generate the rest of the tags.

Anyone know a software that can also get metadata like Fork's recommendation for album art?

That's a great suggestion, Darrin. Thanks. I downloaded it and it found some better art for my more obscure albums.

Thanks!

apples

Oct 31, 2010
I'd like the same information at garylkoh. I have no problem finding the album art. I'd love something that offered additional information and possibly even suggestions of other artists I might like. I've discovered some awesome work that way.

Last edited:

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Some software, like itunes, requires you to either accept mediocre album art or add better album art that you can find. If you're like me, you like to have nice crisp, well resolved album art in your database. Here's a great site for finding high quality album art.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php

This is what I use. Quality site.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing