Ayon Audio, The Bugatti of Audio ?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
DaveyF - I heard the large integrated from Ayon with Legacy speakers at CES10, the combination was in my top five list, dynamic, lifelike and textured presentation.

Saying that, your 8 belongs to an upper league IMO.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I'm they.

Yes, and I'm sitting smack dab in the middle of the Ayon sonic holodeck as I try to type this without soiling myself. We have one of the last of the mohican "decent" radio stations in the USA. WRTI, it's part classical and part jazz, like those man/animals. It somehow does the magic, all day and all night and right now it's (night) jazzville. And my, oh my. The Ayons are "on game" tonight via traditional FM radio. Pure three D audio. What we all seek.

EDIT: I gotta keep a lid on the tuner till I find a working back-up. It's that good.

Peter

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Peter-What are you using for a tuner? FM done right sounds grest. Too bad iits glory days are behind it.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I almost purchased the Ayon "Triton" integrated amplifier---looks like excellent made gear. Paul @ USA Tube Audio seems like a great guy to work with as well.

mimesis

Sep 26, 2010
Wouldn't a Bugatti imply a no holds barred, incredibly expensive (due to the engineering costs) unit that is sold simply to show that it can be done (and from what I've read, sold at a loss)? I'm thinking of a car that is 5-6x more expensive than most limited production supercars, set the landspeed record for a production car and has style, fit, finish, and performance at the highest level. I would also think that Bugatti implies unattainable. So on that score, Ayon would not be a Bugatti - I can afford even the top gear if I so choose. Whereas I could not afford a Bugatti (unless I lived in it and rented out time to cover gas and make a living). As a last note, one wonders if it makes sense to analogize to ownership experiences which we ourselves can only imagine vicariously. Is it the idea of the Bugatti of audio or the actual Bugatti of audio (based on direct experience and not some hypothesized or narrative construction of what a Bugatti is)?

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I think maybe Audi?

Goodmusic

Apr 22, 2011
For sure it is

Ayon Audio is the finest audio gear I have ever owned. As a composer, I can make this statement with no reservation. Ayon is the finest at reproduction of recorded music. If music is a passion for you, then this is the product for you.
Jim

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
Actually this thread is quite old, but I have looked into Ayon a bit because of this thread, and feel strongly that comparing it to a Bugatti is MISINFORMATION - as good as they may be!
Some of their sourcing in cheap price countries goes against my feeling of proper conduct -even though I know, everybody does it.
But a Bugatti is more that just the the recent Veyron: It is the work of a real artist, as I had to learn when visiting the Auto musée in Mulhouse France, where they have the biggest Bugatti collection by the Schlumpff brothers.
This is nothing against Ayon, but against the namedropping!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing