Not exactly "vintage" but Dunlavy's literally rock

thegratefuldad

Jan 7, 2022
I'm new here. Looking into Dunlavy SC3s or IVs. My question is, I see posts of people acquiring these speakers for ridiculously low prices from what I see. almost flea market pricing. Then again I see some folks purchasing at probably real prices. Am I just unlucky, bad timing or do some acquire and then trim off the price a bit to make it look better. Its not only here but on other forums. So and so found a pair of XYZ for half price of what the going price is. Just saying ....
Oh, on a more Dunlavy question, if all I can get is a SC3, do they meld well to a sub woofer if one really want a little more low end.

Brent71

Dec 14, 2016
I'm new here. Looking into Dunlavy SC3s or IVs. My question is, I see posts of people acquiring these speakers for ridiculously low prices from what I see. almost flea market pricing. Then again I see some folks purchasing at probably real prices. Am I just unlucky, bad timing or do some acquire and then trim off the price a bit to make it look better. Its not only here but on other forums. So and so found a pair of XYZ for half price of what the going price is. Just saying ....
Oh, on a more Dunlavy question, if all I can get is a SC3, do they meld well to a sub woofer if one really want a little more low end.
Keep your eyes on HiFi Shark and eBay, you'll find pairs come up for sale.

The SC-IIIs definitely need a sub (or subs) but they great with a good sealed sub if you spend the time to dial it/them in. I had a pair of B&W ASW600 sealed subs and I thought they worked well together. I also used the same subs when I stepped up to the SC-IVs with excellent results.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Get the IVs if you can as it's a whole lot more speakers. I owned SCIII's in the 90s and really enjoyed them but always regretted not buying the IVs due to WAF.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing