Key principal in human auditory system

soundofvoid

WBF Founding Member
Apr 22, 2010
Athens/Greece
Yes Kal,i know about the tiny hairs that pick up movement and act as sensors ,but these do lead to nerves picking up the electric stimulus...
I was not talking about the labyrith filling ''liqiuds" although i should have added these and their ionic behaviour in the whole equation,
but on the CSF that BEHIND the cranial bone acts as a damping/absorbing matter.
And yes, the brain is where all this is translated into what makes us happy...and obsessed!

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
As I develop my music system I keep only one thing in mind; how live acoustic music sounds to me. I have no interest in boosts in highs and lows. In fact I dislike systems with overcooked subwoofers as much as I dislike the sound of super tweeters.

soundofvoid

WBF Founding Member
Apr 22, 2010
Athens/Greece
Well... me too!But the fact remains that there are HUNDRENDS of speakers out there that are VERY coloured without using subs and supertweeters.
On the other side there are speakers that use super tweeters and special techniques to enhance the bass output, that sound very natural to my ears.
I think that the secret is in both the quality and the quantity of the ingredients ...

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
Well... me too!But the fact remains that there are HUNDRENDS of speakers out there that are VERY coloured without using subs and supertweeters.
On the other side there are speakers that use super tweeters and special techniques to enhance the bass output, that sound very natural to my ears.
I think that the secret is in both the quality and the quantity of the ingredients ...

I have yet to hear an applied super tweeter well integrated. The overlap is quite recognized by one with good hearing. This is not to say some speakers lack in frequency extremes. I am lucky in that isn't the case with Apogee Scintillas.

There can be some well integrated subs, but most of the time the sub produces a spooky on and off sensation, whereas a ribbon panel bass stays musical at any low frequency.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing