Reviewing the Furutec Demag

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
IME people prefer the mehtodology that yeilds the result they desire.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Harry Pearson gives the Furutech the Golden Ear Award. www.theabsolutesound.com Septembe 2011. Issue 215. How does it work according to HP:

The colored pigment that makes an LP look black contains iron particles that becomes the source of magnetic information when the disc is spinning ,inducing unwanted electronic interference with magnets in the phono cartridge (particularly those in moving coil designs).

A pretty good description of:Faraday's Law

Any change in the magnetic environment of a coil of wire will cause a voltage (emf) to be "induced" in the coil. No matter how the change is produced, the voltage will be generated. The change could be produced by changing the magnetic field strength, moving a magnet toward or away from the coil, moving the coil into or out of the magnetic field, rotating the coil relative to the magnet, etc.

Faradays law.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
This thread is Doctors, Lawyers, and Reviewers have debated this subject for years. I have a Furutech Demag does it improve the sound Yes it does. How does it do it no idea but it works. Is it worth it well I have paid more for less improvement.

As to can vinyl hold a electric charge no idea but it sure can hold a static charge why else would a freshly washed record attract dust like crazy. This seems like a well built unit is it odd Yes .

If you want to tear it apart without ever trying it so be it. Does a bulk tape eraser work as well no idea .

If I find any positive or negative about this piece of gear I will post it. This seems to be a witch hunt by some. Others are if they can not do the math on how it works it it can not work flawed logic to me.

Their are lots of scams in audio and little is done about them but I do not think this is one of them IMO. This thread is a lot of things but it is not very open minded their are tons of things know one under stands that work sometimes that is all you get.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing