Stewart microperf screen

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Anyone have one of these and care to comment on the sonic transparency? Stewart has a lot of charts and graphs supporting the acoustical transparency of the design, but I'm very skeptical.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have heard people say the impact is minimal and easily corrected with EQ (slight treble tilt).

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Sonics are very important to me. I have a microperfed Firehawk G3. I took the advice of my acoustician and I am glad I did. With the help of a professional, having your center channel behind a micro-perfed screen should help you achieve excellent immersive sonics + picture in your theater. What else are you considering?

Bulldogger

Apr 20, 2010
Clinton,MS
For me the major reason to go with a micro-perf is if you need one of the specialized coating that Stewart makes. For example if you need gain or need a screen that would perform well in higher ambient light conditions like a Firehawk. The woven screens perform much better for sonic transparency. I mean you do not even need an eq. However, white with little gain is the only real choice and coating designed for specific environments are OUT.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing