Remote Control Lighting

arthurs

Sep 12, 2010
Denton, TX
Anyone found a remote control dimmable lighting switch that is non-intrusive to your audio system? I'm looking for something to control from my iPad. My system is on dedicated lines, but I'm concerned about potentially adding noise to my system through the other lines running to my panel.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Anybody use remote controlled dimmers? Hello Hello Hello

try this one....

http://www.lutron.com/Products/SingleRoomControls/GrafikEye3000/Pages/Overview.aspx

i had it installed in my room 6 years ago and it's been perfect. it controls 4 zones and allows for 4 preset 'moods' and very easy and quick changes and customizing. i'd buy it again. it also is easy to program into your learning remotes and comes with a remote. has a great smooth turn on and off. very classey.

my audio circuit is on a separate breaker box from my lights and i've never had any noise issues while diming the lights.

Last edited:

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I always thought dimmers were a no-no as they usually make your lights sing along with the music.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I always thought dimmers were a no-no as they usually make your lights sing along with the music.

in my room, with the Lutron on a totally separate breaker panel than my system grid, i got zero noise. and i dim the lights many dozens of times on some listening sessions.

now that my system is behind the Equi=tech, and is even more quiet, i still do not hear anything when i dim the lights.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Dimmers are circuit poisoners. Some components are immune, but others will complain loudly.
+1.

Fluorescents, energy savers all bad news, anywhere in the house -- unless the system is well sorted ...

By the way, Steve. A very annoying characteristic of the vBulletin software, at least for my browser (Firefox), is that if you mistakenly post before you're ready to, it's a damn hard thing to do to immediately delete that incomplete post! Any tips here?

Frank

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Dimmers are circuit poisoners. Some components are immune, but others will complain loudly.
post #9

post #5

has anyone ever seen Frank and Vince at the same time? hummmmmmmm. :confused:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Sorry, Mike. The forum software stuffed up, at least for me, and so my message was mangled on the way through ...

Cheers,
Frank

i get it; i was just having a bit of fun at your expense....sorry. you and Vince have been a pair lately you must admit so it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
post #9

post #5

has anyone ever seen Frank and Vince at the same time? hummmmmmmm. :confused:

Mike-I have to admit I thought the same thing you were jokingly alluding to.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing