Vyger Atlantis arrived

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yesterday i received Atlantis and after some listening i was shocking.

I knew his sound is very good,but never tested at home.
My loved Bergmann Sindre,a must for his price list in comparison his sound seems a toy.
Too much the different

Bill Audiophile already explained very well.
I can add Bass is very strong and deep,mid bass now is perfect in my system,always told Bergmann is little light,sound is explosive,speaker disappear from the room and dynamic seems similar live

On Bergmann, Atlas sl had high with more extension regarding Opus 1,but opus in Vyger has high more extensive and clear than Atlas sl on Bergmann.
I am sure also Vyger Tonearm is incredible.

I knew i had a very good amp and speaker and my weak point was TT not at same level than other,now i am excited for the sound of my system
Regards

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I was lucky to listen to Gian's TT last week before it was delivered to him. Whole system sounded incredible. Will write in more detail on this later.

Attachments

• 602D66AB-E0AE-482B-9B0A-2624FF58A167.jpg
    602D66AB-E0AE-482B-9B0A-2624FF58A167.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 348

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Welcome to the Vyger club Gian,well done you.

Kind regards(slightly jealous,still waiting for my Atlantis)G.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
On Bergmann, Atlas sl had high with more extension regarding Opus 1,but opus in Vyger has high more extensive and clear than Atlas sl on Bergmann.

Like I said before I hear best highs from Opus1. Now you are hearing the Opus1 at its best my dear friend.
Btw, can you put more arms on the Atlantis?

Don’t stay up too late listening.
Tang:D

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Tang,
no only one arm you can put,but his arm is very special

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Yesterday i received Atlantis and after some listening i was shocking.

I knew his sound is very good,but never tested at home.
My loved Bergmann Sindre,a must for his price list in comparison his sound seems a toy.
Too much the different

Bill Audiophile already explained very well.
I can add Bass is very strong and deep,mid bass now is perfect in my system,always told Bergmann is little light,sound is explosive,speaker disappear from the room and dynamic seems similar live

I am sure also Vyger Tonearm is incredible.

I knew i had a very good amp and speaker and my weak point was TT not at same level than other,now i am excited for the sound of my system
Regards

Congratulations, Gian. I suspect the Bergmann arm handled the resonances of the two cartridges in very different ways. The "extended highs" of the Atlas on the Bergmann may have been distortion caused by the cartridge vibrations entering the arm and having no where to go. The Opus deals with these vibrations at the cartridge/headshell interface. With the new arm, you may be hearing a truer sound from each cartridge. Just a guess.

Once you have had a chance to hear the Atlas on the Atlantis, please report back the differences you hear between these two cartridges. Exciting times for you.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Gian! I am very happy and excited for you!!! :D

The Vyger looks amazing!

And that stand — it looks like a laboratory-type table like we in the USA can get from Kinetic Systems — seems like a great solution!

Zero Star General, Audiophile Bill, Gian . . . who is next for a Vyger?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Congratulations, Gian! I am very happy and excited for you!!! :D

The Vyger looks amazing!

And that stand — it looks like a laboratory-type table like we in the USA can get from Kinetic Systems — seems like a great solution!

Zero Star General, Audiophile Bill, Gian . . . who is next for a Vyger?

It is quite unfortunate this group has left out Tang

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

Those were my thoughts too. That stand is a beast. It may not have the hidden isolation technology of Tang's Stacore stand and probably not the mass of David's new rack, but it looks extremely stiff, stable and able to support a very heavy load.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This is the original stand that came together with Simon York 10 of years ago
A shop friend have to me 10 years ago at 700€

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
@Peter
I would like to try also Atlas but sure when will come Ked will ask to change,so no will to do 2 times

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
@Peter
I would like to try also Atlas but sure when will come Ked will ask to change,so no will to do 2 times

Haha, you and Ron are giving me a bad rep today. I like the Opus more than the atlas so we can leave as is. Though might make sense to move the Opus over to the techdas for a proper compare of the two tables

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Gian,

Very excited the Atlantis has not only worked out but exceeded expectations. I truly love mine. Seldom do you hear a source with very high res and extension both ways AND with high levels of musicality. Normally you trade one for the other IME.

Keep me updated on the carts. I am using a Madake myself.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I haven’t AF1
I am wayting AF3 Premium that I don’t know when arrive because all delivery are late
I will put on AF3P Basis Superarm 9

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I haven’t AF1
I am wayting AF3 Premium that I don’t know when arrive because all delivery are late
I will put on AF3P Basis Superarm 9

gian60, great choice on the Superarm 9, but why on a AF3P....and not on a Basis Inspiration or other Basis table??? I happen to think that AJ designed this arm with his tables in mind...and having heard the arm on his tables, I can tell you there is a considerable synergy there that is probably going to be missing with other tables.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I had a very good price on AF3P
I think with his new platter in composite of 29 kg and double pump is no bad
Then you can put 4 arm
I have many cartridge and idea was to put 3 arm
Inspiration cost,price list in Italy
2 times and half more than AF3P
Lower model I think are worse than AF3 P
Only
My ideas than need to try and check
Regards

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing