Gryphon in Manila

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Me and my wife were in Manila for a short time last month. I managed to do something audio related one afternoon.

TG is an audiogeek. Despite his relatively high social status, he is also very down to earth and hang out with a bunch of Filipino audiophiles from a much lower social bracket (including me).

I originally wanted to listen to his Tidal La Assoluta and Grand Lanche speakers but since both of them are still with the dealer, we listened to his Monitor Audio Platinum system (dedicated room at home) and Gryphon Trident system (dedicated room in one of his commercial buildings.

While he usually hang out with a group of guys who call themselves Spoiled Audiophiles, he also support a vibrant Facebook based audiogroup called Audio Friends of The Philippines. As a member of AFP, he host listening and information sessions, lending his worldclass audio toys to the masses. He is also an active supporter or the Filipino DIY and audio builder community. He said he will eventually turn one of his buildings to an audio museum.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
A wide variety, classical , rock

Having trouble attaching pictures from my cel, pls bear with me

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
20180525_151730_HDR.jpg

The big pair is a project he did with a local DIYer, using drivers from Diatone (I think) speakers .

Last edited:

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
20180525_174824_HDR.jpg
Trident driven by a pair of Mephisto Solos

He said he liked the design of the Trident over the 4 towerTOTL

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing