Subaru Eyesight

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
What I like about it as well is that it can recognize motorcycles and pedestrians..... even BEHIND YOU!

I'm curious how these so-equipped vehicles will behave with motorcycles that are lane-splitting...:confused:

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Haha...I think my Mom has that squeegee feature on her MBZ. ;)

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I'm pretty sure I triggered one of these systems when I did a freeway merge. I was in my humble appliance, and a big Benz decided not to let me in, so I just flew right in front of him at close range. His car braked very suddenly, not like human, like it just grabbed. Heh, Heh!

I could see challenging these systems becoming a kind of freeway blood sport.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I'm pretty sure I triggered one of these systems when I did a freeway merge. I was in my humble appliance, and a big Benz decided not to let me in, so I just flew right in front of him at close range. His car braked very suddenly, not like human, like it just grabbed. Heh, Heh!

Indeed, I'd previously considered these systems to affect the driver's vehicle as a consequence of his/her driving acumen, not because of someone else's.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
actually the 'collision avoidance systems' main differences are how they gather data. and in how effective (break through the drivers stupor) they notify you or take over. graphical presentation means little if you are upside down in a ditch. or the engine is sitting in your lap. unlikely any screen message will allow you to react in time to the worst problems.

some are 'all camera' (Subaru), if you can't see it, the system can't either.

some combine radar and camera (Honda)......so cover more circumstances....and weather conditions.

some only flash warning lights, some wiggle the wheel to alert you....or steer you back into your lane. some stop the car, some stop the car in reverse.

there are lots of choices and methods.

personally for myself I don't care for any of it.....at this moment in time. I prefer a car to allow me to keep a watch. I don't want my cruise control to slow down unless I want to.....or the wheel to wiggle.

OTOH for my wife or daughter I want them to have every toy or whistle. and in a few years maybe me too. but not now.

Well I’m being offered a “deal” on a new AWD 2019 RDX for my wife. Need to check the safety features.

When is a “deal” not a “deal”.

When your cousin is offering you the “deal”.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Well I’m being offered a “deal” on a new AWD 2019 RDX for my wife. Need to check the safety features.

When is a “deal” not a “deal”.

When your cousin is offering you the “deal”.

I'm not up on the Acura programs or I would have you run it by me, but mostly they have been aggressive lately on their leases and such. the RDX is a very nice rig. will this be a Florida or Northeast (with the grandkids) car? it's AWD system is very good.

but yes......be careful with cousins.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I'm not up on the Acura programs or I would have you run it by me, but mostly they have been aggressive lately on their leases and such. the RDX is a very nice rig. will this be a Florida or Northeast (with the grandkids) car? it's AWD system is very good.

but yes......be careful with cousins.

Trust me I have been drawn into my cousin’s lair to many times.

As you know we have dogs and now grandkids up in NY so we will likely be renting a place up in NY and my wife driving for weeks at a time taking the pooches. I would only buy it with their AWD.

We are also considering the CRV, XC40 and Outback.

Her lease is up on the MDX so given she will be putting lots of mileage on it given the circumstances we may purchase instead of lease.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I was in my humble appliance, and a big Benz decided not to let me in, so I just flew right in front of him at close range. His car braked very suddenly, not like human, like it just grabbed. Heh, Heh!

I could see challenging these systems becoming a kind of freeway blood sport.

We all know how Benz drivers can be A-holes!!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing