Cobra Kai

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Full disclosure- Karate Kid is one of my favorite movies. And yes, Mr. Miyagi (Pat Norita) got nominated for an Oscar.

That said, the first 2 episodes are quite fun (moreso the second). Kind of a perfect summer show even if a bit cheesy. The role reversal/plot is that Daniel Larusso is now the Encino rich guy and Johnny Lawrence is a destitute 40-year old living in Reseda that starts a dojo.

The soundtrack is great as are the music references - the show compares the 80s and today's culture quite a bit. I sub'd to Youtube Red on free trial to watch the rest this week.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I watched it all. I'm inpatiently awaiting seasons 2. While it is a little cheesy, that is largely due to all the no-name actors too. They are really willing to let bad things happen, and people get carried away with behavior that isn't approved for people but "bad guys" typically. For me that makes it a must watch.

It helped inspire this thread, that no one cares about.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I watched it all. I'm inpatiently awaiting seasons 2. While it is a little cheesy, that is largely due to all the no-name actors too. They are really willing to let bad things happen, and people get carried away with behavior that isn't approved for people but "bad guys" typically. For me that makes it a must watch.

It helped inspire this thread, that no one cares about.

It's all about anti-heros these days - and Johnny sounds like another one here. The Sopranos paved the way.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
People are more educated so the world doesn't look so black and white anymore. At least they're able to be educated in multiple sides of a story more easily.

We still don't see movies that are straight up about a villain who isn't good at all. I'd watch that, it'd be something new to my senses.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing