Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Why does burning in work

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! BlueFox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I honestly can't believe anyone that's into stereo systems thinks burn-in is made up or simply adaptation, there is tons of evidence this isn't the case and tons of people experiencing the exact same phenomenon. I guess it's more mass delusion. Anyways, I'm done with this argument. I'm stupid for even posting in this thread again.
    It really is a shame how armchair psychologists can ruin a thread by implying people are weak-minded and/or gullible because they can hear differently than the armchair psychologists. Maybe after someone has listened to their own system, in their own room, under the same conditions, for months and months, that maybe, just maybe, they are intimately familiar with how it sounds.

Oh well. I don't really care. I love my stereo. It is a magic carpet that takes me on a journey each weekend.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
    Agreed! We have a failure to communicate.
    Says the spider who managed to attract a fly into his web ...

One way to avoid accommodation is keeping references and comparing the sound we are following to them. I did it so many times, sometimes comparing equal pieces of equipment burned-in and taken from the box, that I now manage to trust in myself in such matters, although I know the risks of fooling myself. But fortunately I have permanent solid references - for example Mogami studio cables and DDK power cables. Not every time the effects of burn-in were positive in my system.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Magico Mini II's while waiting for the XLF successor, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
    Agreed! We have a failure to communicate.
    Umm, no. You're trolling. Simple as that. I should know better to engage with trolls by now. I think this sums it up best:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Mr Shaw was a smart fella!
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Umm, no. You're trolling. Simple as that. I should know better to engage with trolls by now. I think this sums it up best:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Mr Shaw was a smart fella!
    I am technically exceeding my authority here, but I am calling a foul here, Dave. Respectfully, I think you have not been having a good day here. I will be deleting your obnoxious and unwarranted post above.

Kal absolutely is not trolling. I would suggest having a drink and taking a look in the mirror, Dave. The tenor of your comments today suggests that if someone disagrees with your personal opinion then he is stupid/delusional/uninformed. That may work in your personal political echo chamber, but that dog won't hunt here.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    I am technically exceeding my authority here, but I am calling a foul here, Dave. Respectfully, I think you have not been having a good day here. I will be deleting your obnoxious and unwarranted post above.

Kal absolutely is not trolling. I would suggest having a drink and taking a look in the mirror, Dave. The tenor of your comments today suggests that if someone disagrees with your personal opinion then he is stupid/delusional/uninformed. That may work in your personal political echo chamber, but that dog won't hunt here.
    Wow. We certainly see things differently Ron, there is no doubt about that. Kal told bluefox that he's imagining harshness going away, and his responses to my genuine posts have been contrary in a way to bait a reaction. Look at microstrip's post:

Says the spider who managed to attract a fly into his web ...
    Let's review the definition of trolling, shall we? Look, Kal has been trollin' a bit and I called him out on it. What's the big deal? I think we've all trolled a little here and there.

I think you're taking this way, way, way, way, way too seriously. We're just talking on a forum on the internet about random stuff (re, Bitcoin). I'm not sure how it's even possible to get as offended about it as you seem right now.

The suggestion to "have a drink and look in the mirror" is, well, crossing lines. Not that I care or am taking offense, because I don't care that much about what you think, but it's certainly pretentious and condescending.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    I like Kal, he has a smart sense of humor occasionally. He's good company, he creates smart debates, he's a leader and a connoisseur of many good things of life, including the human brain, the listening perception, the neurons, the multichannel classical music, the audio electronics, he's not shy, he's one of the best, everywhere. But most of all he's himself, human, an imperfect specimen of the human race. Aren't we all are, you better betcha.

The more we adapt, the more we get to know, the more burn-in effect takes place in time, with space.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

I agree, I have no problem with Kal and enjoy his posts.

I, however, have decided not to argue about certain topics anymore and have been tempted into breaking my own rule. It's no big deal... not to me, hopefully not to anyone else...
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    A great debate in the pursuit of expanding our mind and knowledge is healthy for our human species.
    I see only good. I like to also know how Kal sees; he's been in many forums for a long time, he has been reading everything from Sodom and Gomorrah.

Last edited by NorthStar; Today at 12:06 AM.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456