Ypsilon vs Aries Cerat pre-power

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok guys for my future build if i go the separates route i have decided to choose between Ypsilon pre-power and Aries Cerat pre-power.
Please share your experience with both brands, positive and negative aspects of each of these pre-power combos.
Both of these combos are within my €50K max budget.

Thieliste

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Go for Ypsilon it's superb have not heard the Aries though.
the French dealer of Ypsilon is priced high try the Swedish distributor he also has an integrated for sale

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Go for Ypsilon it's superb have not heard the Aries though.
the French dealer of Ypsilon is priced high try the Swedish distributor he also has an integrated for sale

What's the price difference with the Swedish distributor ?
In France PST 100 MKII is €25K and Aelius II €27K.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
For 46k you can get a Aries Cerat Impera pre and Concero 65 monoblocks.
Id get that.

Yes i know but it's a close call between Ypsilon and Aries Cerat both very good and awsome build quality.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Can you not demo each brand?

I have already have demoed the Ypsilon pre-power combo at my home last year.
Regarding Aries Cerat it will be impossible to home demo on my speakers.
I have auditioned the Aries Cerat pre-power you mentioned at the Munich show last year but it was a full Aries Cerat system including the speakers :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nonz1CvEMw

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
For 46k you can get a Aries Cerat Impera pre and Concero 65 monoblocks.
Id get that.

Yes, I second that. Having met Stavros at Munich a few weeks ago, and many of the gang, plus owners of his gear, all I can say is he is the real deal. The products are fantastic IMO and owners I spoke to were VERY happy with them. I would ring Stavros and have a chat, ask any questions from the designer himself, his english is perfect. TBH if I had some spare cash I would go ALL AC front to back in my system. But the injection of the Kassandra DAC has TRANSFORMED my sound for the better. I can only imagine what a pre and power combo will do.....:rolleyes:

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Ive listened to both. In totally different systems though.
The Aries Cerat for me had more texture and shading of image that was quite striking. For me Aries Cerat is in another league than anything else ive heard.
Both great brands though. Can't imagine you being unhappy with either.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok guys i will be able to demo a full Aries Cerat rig on the same speaker model i own by end of october, should be spectacular!

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Which amps are you hearing? I am very interested in this...

It will be Diana Forte with Impera II Ref.
If it beats Ypsilon separates i will purchase Impera II + Concero 65.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas

I'm infinitely intrigued by Aries Cerat equipment, and there are very few first hand accounts of the sound they produce, so I'm incredibly interested in reading your thoughts.

George K

Jul 26, 2012
I tend to agree. Aris Cerat has more natural and richer sound.

Ive listened to both. In totally different systems though.
The Aries Cerat for me had more texture and shading of image that was quite striking. For me Aries Cerat is in another league than anything else ive heard.
Both great brands though. Can't imagine you being unhappy with either.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Go See Joshua

I'm infinitely intrigued by Aries Cerat equipment, and there are very few first hand accounts of the sound they produce, so I'm incredibly interested in reading your thoughts.

Hello lordcloud, you should ring Joshua up, he is in your area and is the Distributor for Aries Cerat. He is super helpful and knowledgeable as well.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Will also be with Kassandra II Reference DAC.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Hello lordcloud, you should ring Joshua up, he is in your area and is the Distributor for Aries Cerat. He is super helpful and knowledgeable as well.

I've talked to Joshua many times, and have been over to his home and listened to his system as well.

He's a good guy.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok guys after my audition of Aries Cerat separates on Thiel CS 3.7 i can now say the AC outperform the Ypsilon separates that i already demoed at home.
The AC amps has all the refinement of Ypsilon + a much richer sound and more resolving solid bass.
The Impera ll + Concero 65 are now in first place on my shortlist.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing