Entertape, any experience with this company?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I was looking for some tapes and I came across this company "https://www.entertape.com/mastertapes/"

Does anyone have any experience with this company, the titles they have are good. Are they actually coped from master tapes, any information on that?

Feb 16, 2015
Norway
This looks like the same company as was called Horch House. You will find some threads and experience here on this forum.

Sound quality is very good, e-mail respond and sending the orders not that good. You have to be patient....But maybe it is better now, I don`t know. Hope so because these tapes are very good.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
they are former HH..spoke to him in Munich
they also include vinyl and casettes in their program...hence thew new logo

cupboy

Mar 1, 2019
It changed back to Horch House after being Entertape for awhile. Now the company seems to be defunct. They moved from Austria to France (or maybe it was Brussels, Belgium) last I heard.

I'd love to get their Bert Kaempfert tape 7 1/2 IPS NAB.

sunan

Jun 7, 2015
I would love to get their Star Wars sound tracks on master tape.

Gerbie1990

Nov 29, 2018
both Horch House and Entertape web site have been deleted, are they still in business?

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Not to my knowledge. I tried to contact Volker Lange on his Horch House email address without success. This activity was secondary to his main business (Lutz Precision).

tapepath

Feb 19, 2014
Horch House is back in business!
I've just received two tapes from Horch House, Dexter Gordon's A Day in Copenhagen with trombonist Slide Hampton recorded in 1969 on the MPS label. The second tape is Oscar Peterson's Action the first of his "Exclusively for My Friends" series recorded in 1963/64 also on the MPS record label. Both of these tapes are dual reels with plenty of accompanying photos and liner notes and packaged in a beautifully designed and crafted box. The overall presentation is extremely high quality and adds to the joy of ownership.
The sound quality is superb with everything you'd expect from a master tape copy done perfectly. I've owned the vinyl version of A Day in Copenhagen for many years recorded on the BASF label and to hear this version is quite a revelation. The tape makes the record sound flat (and not in a good way) and uninviting with the instruments sounding faded and lackluster. The tape makes everyone come alive and vibrant with clearly heard overtone structure and realistic dynamics.
Knowing that my wife is a big Oscar Peterson fan I asked her opinion on the second tape. She had first heard him in a small venue in Baltimore (Ethel's Place) and the memory had always stuck in her mind as one of her musical highlights (coincidentally I had heard Sonny Rollins in the same place and experienced the same kind of jubilation). After listening she said, "That's exactly how he sounded, same bass player (Ray Brown) but maybe a different drummer. I can't believe how real that sounded". To hear the group's version of "Tin Tin Deo" written by ChanoPozo is worth every dime this tape costs.
Working with Volker was a treat, quick responses to emails and great shipping and handling make this a music lover's delight.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I bought a fair number of tapes from Horch House in the old days, including splurging on the entire collection of Oscar Peterson Exclusively for My Friends series. I recently bought several of the new issues and they sound quite fine. Some are new to the catalogue and others, like the OP Exclusively for my Friends albums were available before. Volker communicated at some length with me when I contacted him. He had some serious health issues which have been resolved. He plans on releasing a fair number of titles every month (around ten), and he has relationships with several labels that give him access to a lot of fine material. Should be a nice addition to the commercial supply of 15ips 2 track tapes. He is also offering 7.5ips 2 track tapes as a lower cost alternative. Mostly the later saves the cost of an extra reel of tape (about 25% savings from the 15ips version).

I just checked on the Horch House website, and there are whole bunch of new tapes that were put on the website two days ago. Lots of jazz titles with George Duke and others, and several new classical titles, including the Rubinstein Chopin Nocturnes on four reels and the mammoth 10 reel set (divided into 5 2 reel albums) of the Complete Bach Well Tempered Clavier with Friedrich Gulda piano which Horch House had previously released.

All of the Horch House tapes are refurbished (I think that mean judiciously remastered) by Christopher Stickel, very similar to the Tape Project where Paul Stubblebine remasters the tapes TP issues.

Larry

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing