Thread: Visit to VTL

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar

Visit to VTL

I delivered my MB-750s to VTL today in Chino, CA, so that they can be inspected and checked out and made ready for sale.

Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  90.0 KB

I was lucky to find both Bea and Luke at the factory today!

The factory stereo system presently consists of an S-400 Series II (the stereo Siegfried amplifier) driving Rockport Technologies Aquila loudspeakers.

Bea was kind to play some LP tracks for me!

Bea and Luke are so helpful and just absolutely delightful!

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  140.8 KB

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  68.7 KB

I has never seen the Siegfrieds up-close before both with the covers on and with the cover off. They are incredibly impressive-looking amplifiers!

Views: 224
Size:  88.2 KB
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    I delivered my MB-750s to VTL today in Chino, CA, so that they can be inspected and checked out and made ready for sale.

Views: 224
Size:  88.2 KB
    Are these long IC runs Nordost ODIN?
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

I don’t know.

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

I want to applaud VTL for always (or almost always) offering an upgrade path on their components. A series I preamp can be upgraded to a Series III preamp.

I cannot imagine that it is easy to design every new component with an eye toward affording current owners an upgrade path to the latest design. That Bea and Luke do this is a testament to their concern for their customers and their appreciation of the cost of the components.

I used the VTL 450 mono blocks for many years. When I "discovered" SET, I shifted over, but I always admired the VTL product and they were very hassle free for such big, tube filled items.
    SME 30/2 Turntable, Da Vinci Grandezza Tonearm, Benz MC-3 Cartridge, Allnic HT 3000 head amp, Allnic H-3000 Phono, Allnic L 5000 preamp, Accuphase F 25, Analysis Audio Epsilon Speaker/foil tweeters in four way active crossover Amplification: Sony TAN 8550 VFET amp (26 DHT preamp driver)350-7000hz, Yamaha B-2 VFET amplifier (26 DHT preamp driver)80-350hz , 45 SET tube amp 7000Hz to infinity Hz, Yamaha RX Z9 plus Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000 preamp processor 9.4 surround sound.