Atocha Design LP Storage Cabinets

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have my carpenter made the shelf attached to the wall. It wouldn’t hold many vinyls, but I only keep what I listen to more than one time. The shelf is very practical right behind my working desk and listening position. I am not so neat am I :D.

C907F8F8-72ED-4AB6-B03C-E1F920756723.jpg

Kind regards,
Tang

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Ron, I had this cabinet made so that it matched other cabinetry in the house (feet, side detail, etc) and Bonnie included it the acoustic design, including the fabric covered drawer faces. (The thickness of the drawer face and front of the box were considered, as well as solid wood vs. ply.) mine is all solid wood, no ply, no veneers. It didn’t cost any more than the ones you originally mentioned to start the thread, which were my inspiration. (Less when you include shipping costs. A local furniture guy in your area would love the work.)

Ended up a little retro looking, but fits the room well.

I can’t read a record spline on its side, preferring the thumb through approach. I had a little strip of LED lighting put under the lip and a finger touch turns on the light. (I was going to use a microswitch on each drawer, too much extra stuff when a finger touch suffices.)

Note sure why a couple images are sideways?

5D519B44-0B25-489C-9B32-70019F56627C.jpg

C78188A7-5EF6-4373-9D9D-DDAB57B14437.jpg

F909F602-974E-429D-9196-95BE4AA8FC05.jpg

C2A8AF13-6898-4077-B3CB-27C0B38B5CCC.jpg

AE0BEFAA-174B-449D-B631-E1CE2FC41649.jpg

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'm young, I'll gladly be on anyone's list to inherit music.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
How do you flip the pic sir?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for showing us that Bob! It looks beautiful!

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Thank you for showing us that Bob! It looks beautiful!

Of course Ron, no problem. I really liked the Atocha cabinets but then considered the shipping costs and having worked with cabinet makers multiple times in the past I knew I could build something and get just what I wanted. Plus, I didn't like the idea of a solid cabinet adjacent my speakers without knowing how'd they'd affect the sound. My cost was just over $5K in cherry with solid maple drawers.

Attachments

• raw_album_cabinet.jpg
    raw_album_cabinet.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 110

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
How do you flip the pic sir?

Oh great Tang!--thou stumped on such a menial task?:p

Firstly the myriad of Digital camera,Phones,etc there seems no simple way to categorise the said exercise

One can put Auto Rotate in camera setting to ON. Sadly some MFgs devices work in reverse--so its not completely reliable:(

90% of posters here I'd say use the in camera Jpg (NOT RAW setting which is different)--so for the Jpg even if when you open the file appears correct--it may not

Paste here as so --OK--desperate measures thus!--

If vertical file is horizontal ---Rotate the file to correct viewing then SAVE AS--I'd add new symbol--A/B/C etc this will save correct for Attaching here.

If vertical file IS vertical-----Rotate the file AND Back to Vertical !---to ORIGINAL viewing then SAVE AS--I'd add new symbol--A/B/C etc this will save correct for Attaching here.

I know this is a long winded expo/etc--but with so many variables and computations of devices /Apps/operating programs/in Camera processing foibles--no one way will cover all bases.

Basically you need to fined the quickest simplest method of understanding your Device and its capability to produce the correct rotation the easiest.

I'm going for a Cuppa Tea and a Lie Down:eek:

BruceeeeeD

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Have someone build a cabinet with "pocket" doors. Used all the time to hide TV's when not in use.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing