Looking for inexpensive amp/speakers to accommodate older audio equipment

sakurasanta86

Jun 4, 2018
Hello!

I am looking for the best quality -- at the cheapest price -- amp & speakers (I really only need 2, as there's no need for an elaborate setup) for my home office that will accommodate two pieces of older audio equipment. Specifically, a 1982 JVC KD-D30
cassette deck (and yeah, it's in damn nice condition!), and a Sony DVP-C660 5-CD/DVD changer.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not looking to spend all that much here. A combo package with amp and speakers would be fine, too -- or, separately.

Nice to find this forum, and many thanks in advance!

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
i have an anthem 225i with a year or two left on the warranty i'll let you have for a grand.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
I have to much equipment [many amps & preamps] to use in my lifetime [whatsbestaddiction]. Are you in the Seattle area? I do not ship, and equipment must be auditioned before purchase.

zz.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not looking to spend all that much here.

How much is not all that much, so that we get an idea? Thanks.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
NAD + PSB would be very friendly on the wallet as they would be sonically with a CD carousel or changer. Maybe a bit more than a grand at most. I'd look for a pre with tone controls for the cassette deck seeing as tapes vary so much because of composition. It's just handy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing