Endgame pre-power or Int recommendations

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have listened to top of the line Ypsilon (350w/ch) from Greece multiple times.

I agree with an expert audiophile who described Ypsilon:

"My feelings about the sound of Ypsilon are based on multiple listening sessions in a variety of systems and locations. I have always found the character to be fast, clean and open, but lacking in rhythmic articulation and presence. To me, it is very hi-fi, unemotional, no-music"

When I look at Ypsilon inside: I do not feel good.
When I listen to Ypsilon : where is music!
When I look at the price tag: wow
When I look at stereophile ypsilon measurements: the square wave overshoot reminds me the phase problem of bad circuit design.

IMG_5836.jpeg

IMG_5835.jpeg

Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I've been absent from the forum for a few years, so hello to all! I thought i'd share my 2c. Based on your current speakers and budget Thieliste, I would keep your eyes and ears open for the upcoming Vitus SIA-030 for the same reasons Bonzo noted earlier. It will give you the flow, liquidity and tone of a good tube amp, with the control, bandwidth and quietness of ss.

From my discussions with Hans Vitus, the new integrated is been designed to get as close to the Masterpiece Series preamp & mono's as possible, though obviously not as extreme as the MP-I201. It will have approximately 30 watts Kl.A and 200 watts Kl.A/B (true RMS), and be roughly the same dimensions as a Masterpiece mono chassis (though not quiet as deep). I'd expect to see recent innovations such as Intelligent Class A bias and multiple sound modes. There will also be a dac/streamer option board going forward.

The projected msrp is €27K without option boards, and Vitus will be debuting the amp at Munich, 2019. All things going well, I plan to upgrade at some stage in 2019.

I have listened to many expensive ss amplifiers side by side and non of them beats Vitus .
If you find a match speaker The Vitus tone is very close to old Kondo 300b (kondo san design) .

If you have good AC power and if you put Vitus amplifier on 24/7 then after one hour playing at high level you will get the gold tone, beautiful harmonics all are there .

very few ss amplifiers have good bass.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
That's the total opposite impression I get from Ypsilon, which we've been proudly representing for several years now in Sweden.

Needless to say, we've got many very satisfied Ypsilon clients who usually holds on to their units without any wish of replacing them (which is proof of long term satisfaction and musicality). It's also one of the most honest and grounded companies in the business.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I have listened to top of the line Ypsilon (350w/ch) from Greece multiple times.

I agree with an expert audiophile who described Ypsilon:

"My feelings about the sound of Ypsilon are based on multiple listening sessions in a variety of systems and locations. I have always found the character to be fast, clean and open, but lacking in rhythmic articulation and presence. To me, it is very hi-fi, unemotional, no-music"

When I look at Ypsilon inside: I do not feel good.
When I listen to Ypsilon : where is music!
When I look at the price tag: wow
When I look at stereophile ypsilon measurements: the square wave overshoot reminds me the phase problem of bad circuit design.

View attachment 116220

View attachment 116219
The models I heard that I was very impressed with are the affordable Phaeton and the very expensive SET100 Ultimate single ended hybrids. I heard the ones you mention above and was kind of "meh" about them. No, idea about the measurements about these others but sonically they were very good.

Reactions: justubes

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
...and another comment regarding price levels. Fact is that Ypsilon hasn't changed their pricing much at all during the last 6-7 years during which time many others have increased significantly.

Ypsilon is at the very top in terms of price-performance ratio on todays market in my opinion, where the build quality is also second to none - inside and out.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
The models I heard that I was very impressed with are the affordable Phaeton and the very expensive SET100 Ultimate single ended hybrids. I heard the ones you mention above and was kind of "meh" about them. No, idea about the measurements about these others but sonically they were very good.
I have not listened to SET100 yet , I have no idea about that.
Just one pair of SET100 imported to Iran and there was no chance to listen to SET100 yet.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
If you like Vitus MP-M201 then you will love TAD R1/Vitus MP-M201 combination.

wonderful amplifier from Vitus Audio

IMG_7706.jpeg

Reactions: tom539

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
83B50CEE-7E6B-4597-8698-8B0825F13913.jpeg

Weiss DAC / Vitus MP-M201 / TAD Reference One

Vitus MP-M201 4 Channel Amplifier :
100w Class A Zero Feedback (Midrange/Tweeter)
100w Class A (Bass)

Vitus Tube like midrange is magical when you have lots of power, large scale, depth, energy and emotion.
Listening to music at high SPL in Class A mode is possible with Vitus MP-M201.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing