Gryphon at T.H.E. Show Newport June 1 - 3

31649370_1368653833235032_3772886799668477952_n.jpg

We are delighted to invite forum members to join us at the Newport Show this coming weekend at the Marriott in Irvine Spectrum. This is the prettiest hotel we have ever shown at in seventeen years in the high end. We have a corner room with glass at two sides. Should look stunning. Fingers crossed, we'll mange to get great sound. As always, it will sound its best on Sunday, just before we have to break down !

Now that the fiasco of two audio shows within a week of each other is behind us, we can concentrate on helping THE Newport Show regain its place as the prominent high end show in N.America.

We are delighted with the equipment line-up we will be showing this coming weekend.

Gryphon
Diablo 300
Diablo 300 balanced DAC module
Sonett phono stage
Scorpio S CD player
Mojo S speakers

Shunyata Research
Cables, interconnects, line conditioners

Artesania Audio
Rack & amp stand

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
It did very sound good on Sunday when we attended. So happy I finally had the opportunity to hear Gryphon.

Gryphon at T.H.E Show Newport

Gryphon @Newport.jpg

We very happy with T.H.E. Show Newport - beautiful room, while the hardwood floors were a challenge, we dropped the Gryphon rug in front of the speakers and managed with judicious placement to get pretty decent sound.

Dan.jpg
Dan Meinwald lent us a Pear turntable & a superb Dynavector XV1S cartridge

Last edited:

kevinkwann

Oct 14, 2010
Kidneystone-on-Trent
Fingers crossed, we'll mange to get great sound.

Admittedly I had to look the word up, but here goes:

“Mange: a skin disease of mammals caused by parasitic mites and occasionally communicable to humans.”

I like great sound as much as the next guy, but if I have to risk mange in order to experience it, I’m going to sit this one out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing