The BEST horn speaker in the world

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
@ David
You will be BIG welcome to Italy,but years pass and are 3 years nobody listen this my friend with this system,he had some problems,Other friend is some years stop to import ALE and we lost,Distributor of Audio tekne in Italy i had some trouble and we lost since some years,Dissanayake has no room or system to listen,he build and sell,so if you came some years ago really enjoy.

@Leyenda
Yamamura and Imai since 1989 teach me the natural sound,really natural don't exist,but a sound without stress that come out from speaker easily,in natural and dynamic way without stress,so starting since 1990 i always listen with triode amp,Yamamura,Audio tekne,ANJ,Shindo,Mactone m 88 V otl,Fal,Dissanayake,Kondo with monovia,or horns,or speaker high sensitivity
My dream was a horn system with ALE DEP,but was too expensive for me,a pair of ALE driver price list in Italy was 26.000,so 4 way was more than 100.000 euro plus,horn,plus crossover,plus 2/3 amps,
so i stop my dream.I knew 10 years ago Montagna company,my speaker now and after development 4 years ago did a very good speaker with the sound i always wanted.
Montagna speaker are high efficiency,98 db,very fast and dynamic and with top quality driver,all hand made from him,so i found the sound i always wanted in this speaker at a good price because i bought directly from him.I never liked TT amps,i always listen with triode but when i listen CH first in the shop and then in my home i like a lot and i don't go back to amp i had,are very natural,sweet,fast and dynamic with very controlled and deep bass and high never finish,and is a perfect match with my speaker because i always listen at 1 or 2 watt,but you can listen rock or blues also at 700/800 peak watt without any problems

@GMKF
You have reason,in Munich and from distributor the sound was not very good.
This speaker is like formula one and i know very well them and his driver,so need people that know how to find the best of them

@ Morricab
You have reason,also i found 90% of horn speaker sound terrible,also with ale driver,because is not simple to do,but this system is really incredible,sound very natural and you listen very homogeneous sound.Yes there is lack of space because speaker are too big,but time alignment is perfect and is made always digital,like crossover.

Reactions: amadeus

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This was the horn system i had of Audiotekne,its a 3 way with ALE DE serie
After modified the crossover and tramped with Yamamura amp on bass and 2 stereo AT on mid and high the sound was incredible,natural and dynamic

PICT0202.JPG
PICT0201.JPG

This speaker belong to a Japanese customer of Imai,but was very similar to mine
Audiotekne produce one monovia in wood and one in Carbon block,this 3 way with D or DE ALE driver,and MAIN SPEAKER 4 way with ALE DEP serie

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Goto instead use a lot of big magnet instead one big

561358626_e55f62f0a0_m.jpg
475002601_bbc5d7e942_m.jpg

I never listen but Imai and Yamamura told me Ale is better

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing