The BEST horn speaker in the world

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The best horn speaker in the world belong to my friend since 30 years,we live 300 km far and started near 30 years ago together to develop our system.
He had big lucky in his job and started 15 years ago with my big friend Be Yamamura to build this system.
Yamamura cooperate with Ale pushing to do a special serie named Super with weight of 100/160 kg each driver and with beryllium diaphragms
Normal production of ALE are 3 series,the economic D with weight of 7 kg each and light blue color.The DE series with weight 15 kg and green color and the top DEP of 23 kg and red color.
The top Magico of 600.000 usd use the DE serie,you can see the green color.

My friend started with a 3 way with woofer ALE 38 cm we 4000 and with mid DEP 4550 and tweeter DEP 1750

After 15 years with Be Yamamura for some months every year built a more than incredible system.
A 6 way all with SPECIAL serie with weight from 100 to 160 kg each with beryllium diaphragms.
Weight of both speaker and horn are more than 1.300 kg. and capable of 128 db spl.
Horn are all ALE but having resonance problems,are very old design and never develop,Yamamura find solution to put all graphite outside and some treatment to avoid the problems and if you touch you listen no resonance.

Amp are all hand made for Yamamura,transistor in current with 45 watt and are 6 mono for channel.
All cable hand made from Yamamura.

Its a six way multiamping with 120 db/octave crossover and digital room correction via a proprietary software

I listen many many times this system since his first developing being very friend with Yamamura and the owner

Sound is impossible to describe

Sound is very very natural without any stress with the right dimension,you listen all instrument and voice in natural way impossible to listen in a normal top system
I spoke only one time about this system,but now nothing to do so i post.

Also you can see the genius of Be Yamamura

IMG_3051.jpg
in the photo you see my friend,owner of the system,Yamamura and Hiraga that went to listen this system

Reactions: amadeus

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Wow Gian. That looks incredible - would love to hear that system. What source does he use?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
It is the kind of system that should have a soul - and we should not forget music is being delivered "via a proprietary top class computer/server by Be Yamamura!"[/I]

It could probably bewitch me!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
He use liquid music in computer stored version
The DAC,music storage,room correction and crossovering was all in the digital domain of a Yamamurasoftwere and hardware
a 50" monitor show all.
Here you see the 2 red DAC and on the computer

IMG_3059.jpg

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
here you can see the tweeter 1750 SPECIAL and below the tweeter 1750 DEP with Carbon block around,was mine

IMG_3063.jpg

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am near sure this is the best horn speaker in the world for the quality of his driver
I know well and listened many times in my life driver like Ale,Goto,YL,Kanno,Vitavox,Tad,WE,but never see or read or see some photo in the web special driver like this

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
fascinating.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
He use liquid music in computer stored version
The DAC,music storage,room correction and crossovering was all in the digital domain of a Yamamurasoftwere and hardware
a 50" monitor show all.
Here you see the 2 red DAC and on the computer

View attachment 41410

Very nice and I bet it sounds wonderful. Strictly digital??

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I spoke only one time about this system,but now nothing to do so i post.

When nothing to do, you wash dishes, take out garbage, do laundry, mo lawn, cut vegetable for your wife Gian. Did you finish all these?

Tang:)

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Gian Wow!!! That looks --and I'll BET sounds incredible--I attended a demo by Mr Yamamura of his large wooden Horn single paper driver creation at a Penta UK show

in the Early 90s--that was very Impressive:rolleyes:

So you don't yet have a Government:(--but you have a wonderful transducer--who needs anything else--ha!

Good Listening from an envious old dude

I must tell My friend Luca Natali to go hear this and report to me:D

BruceD

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
"Its a six way multiamping with 120 db/octave crossover and digital room correction via a proprietary software..."

Gian ... are you sure of this?
I expected a 24 db value... or little more...
120 db crossover sounds unreal to me; may be in digital domain but this is not in the strings of Be Yamamura...
my best
Marco

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao Marco,

yes is 120 db in digital domain with a software Yamamura did with an engineer friend that work in Sony.

While you listen music you can change everything in crossover and listen difference and put what you like more

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Be - forever the extremist..

Thanks for sharing Gian..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing