THE Show Irvine roll call

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Turns out I have a conference in SD that I'll be driving back from Friday morning, so will stop by Irvine on the way back to LA.

Anyone else attending? Can't imagine its more than 20 rooms this year.

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Me :)

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Turns out I have a conference in SD that I'll be driving back from Friday morning, so will stop by Anaheim on the way back to LA.

Anyone else attending? Can't imagine its more than 20 rooms this year.

Don't think it's in Anaheim...perhaps, that was last year?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am scheduled to be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Guys

I didn't know where exactly to post this but felt that Keith's thread here would be the best place

As you'll know, when THE Show was at Newport I would have an open house at my place at 6:30 Saturday evening. Well it's been 3 years since I've done this and Cathy and I were thinking it was about time again.

So to all members and non members who read this and would like to attend, all I need to know is the name and head count as well as the driver name as it's guarded gate community.

I live about 20 miles south of the hotel so a 20-30 minute drive

We'd like to invite you to the house for drinks and hors d'oeuvres and as before at 6:30

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I should be there Friday and Saturday Davey

I am going to post the announcement about my open house in the General AudioForum where more will see it as right now there doesn't'seem to be a plethora of people attending THE Show

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am planning to be there for two nights and all three days, but if there aren’t that many exhibit rooms I might not need anywhere near three days.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Looking on the exhibitors list I did not see Von Schweikert Audio or Aesthetix or VTL or Audio Element.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Reports? Observations?

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Me thinks this will be a rebuilding year, looking forward to next year when all of this will be behind us.
Really wish I could be there for support.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I had thought about driving up Saturday, staying Saturday night, and driving back Sunday;
however, a going-away party for my cousin altered that intention.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
There are around 20 rooms - and a lot of them were more limited (monitors with digital for example). There were few analog setups and even fewer tape decks (MBL only I believe). Exhibitors definitely didn't go all out for the most part.

I think most of the forum members who attended seemed to prefer the same rooms - the big YGs in the Alma room, the Evo Acoustics/DartZeel room, and the smaller Gryphon room. I think Odyssey was the best value room, albeit a little weird/tricked out room treatment.

I hope this paves the way for a grand return in 2019 with the LAOCAS which was clearly absent and much needed.

THE Show needs to dump the makeup booths, lighting, and all the non-audio stuff. It was so lame walking around the marketplace being asked about moisturizer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing