Thales Statement Arm

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow, nobody owns the Statement or wants to comment on the sound quality. all the logic in me says stick with the Simplicity II - however logic does not seem to exist in hifi a lot of the time and for some reason I have an itch :cool:

You should try both statement and the new Reed linear tracker if you have the LT itch.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang's tonearm expert had favorable things to say about the Thales Statement iirc

joeling

Jan 8, 2014
What is a good cart to pair with the Statement ?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Clear Audio Gold Finger. Lyra Atlas variants. Top Wing both models. Miyajima Madeke.
Someone else could add the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeling

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

At the August 2022 Hong Kong show, Audio Exotics demonstrated the Thales Statement mounted on a GPA Monaco 3.0 turntable using the Titanic Audio flagship cartridge: Model G.

y6b46dq719xp.jpeg

$10,515.00

sn7bhoazsabe.jpeg

I do not know what is that fat cable coming off the arm, nor the wood dowel device on top of the Riviera preamp; quite a few of those wood thing in show pictures. Anybody?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
At the August 2022 Hong Kong show, Audio Exotics demonstrated the Thales Statement mounted on a GPA Monaco 3.0 turntable using the Titanic Audio flagship cartridge: Model G.

View attachment 96847

$10,515.00

View attachment 96848

I do not know what is that fat cable coming off the arm, nor the wood dowel device on top of the Riviera preamp; quite a few of those wood thing in show pictures. Anybody?
The cart looks like a vdh with a bling for Howie. :D

The big cable I suspect the grounding.

The wood. I have seen this with quite a few systems in Japan. Normally would be placed on the floor as bass management acoustic device. Seeing on the pre amp is my first.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

View attachment 96847

$10,515.00

View attachment 96848

It looks like a speaker jumper or cat litter box connector that someone left there but then again it’s AE, no concoction is ever too much no matter how ridiculous; same for the wood thingy :)!

david

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm loving that cart, smiling at the irony of it being called Titanic and it looking not unlike a little tug-boat. I guess it doesn't so much meet groove debris but icebergs in the vinyl.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
My first thought was you place your forearm on it to safely and effectively (potentially) remove static electricity. Such as when removing a record. I see they also provided ability to touch wood easily within reach.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

View attachment 96847

$10,515.00

View attachment 96848

Looking at this picture it all makes sense now that rack is supposed to diffuse the reflections from the top of all that equipment :D!

9D8FC19D-8B8B-41CC-9C8A-710335FB7145.jpeg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I can't decide what's busier, the system or the carpet. Zen space is not the first idea that comes to mind.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Anyone know the brand of the wood contraptions?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Reactions: ddk

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
The closest I have is one of these a Tru back, very effective if your back needs pushing back into place ,lol.

Would imagine it would also diffuse some sound albeit probably higher frequencies haha

Reactions: matakana

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I think that there was a thread on this a while back.

david

So, kind of a horizontal version of the Shakti Hallograph. Thanks for finding that. The Japanese company also has vertical diffusers. Absent the wavy elements of the Hallograph, these look susceptible to a DIY project

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
So, kind of a horizontal version of the Shakti Hallograph. Thanks for finding that. The Japanese company also has vertical diffusers. Absent the wavy elements of the Hallograph, these look susceptible to a DIY project

I would say that they're a notch up from the Shakti stuff. Nittovo Acoustic Engineering is actually a serious company with a fair amount of R&D. I visited them a few years ago and they were generous to allow me 4 hours in their listening room. The floor pieces actually did work on their wood floor but the rest is hard to tell. The room was covered wall to wall and floor to ceiling with dampening panels and then they had their diffusers or trees as they liked to call them over the panels. For me the room was over damped so I can't tell how well the trees work in free standing space or against untreated walls as diffusers. Their concept is sound traveling unhindered in the woods hence AGS, Acoustic Grove System and they're not cheap. That thing on the preamp is..., let's just say different :) .

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing