Journal Nature | Massive mysterious rise in ozone-eating CFCs detected

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
https://news.sky.com/story/massive-mysterious-rise-in-ozone-eating-cfcs-detected-11375721

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
Most likely third-world countries are responsible, but maybe even Russia. Another possibility is a newer aerosol in use that has not been identified as a problem yet.

Steve N.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
"It is not clear who is behind the emissions, even if they could be roughly located to East Asia, according to an article published in the journal Nature.

The rise means that someone is either making the banned compound or they are the result of byproducts which have not been reported as required, Dr Montzka said."

It amazes me that in 2018 scientists can't determine the origins with absolute certainty.

"... they believe is originating from around China, Mongolia and the Korean peninsula."

I am not a scientist, I don't study our planet's ozone layer, so I can even less tell than them.
Any theory, and idea I might have has less wings in the air than reality facts.
Meltdown of nuclear reactor plants, pollution in highly populated areas, ocean's contamination, the rise from toxic water on the surface of Earth into the atmosphere in many parts of the globe, ...I just don't know.

Hawaii is experiencing volcanic activity, underground fissures for the last couple weeks.
People are being told to stay inside and close the windows due to high toxicity level, and no mask can help.
And today: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/us/eruption-volcano-hawaii-kilauea.html

If I was living in China I would be living high up in the mountains, away from heavy populated areas, or on an island surrounded with beauty and clean air and water. Russia? ...In a remote forest, south-west, a small village of musicians. :b

* Extra: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...secutive-month-world-warmer-than-20th-century

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing