Reed turntables at Munich

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I thought that the rooms with Reed TTs (Zellaton and Odeon/NAT) sounded quite good. Not sure how much was due to the vinyl spinner but at least no harm.

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
I thought that the rooms with Reed TTs (Zellaton and Odeon/NAT) sounded quite good. Not sure how much was due to the vinyl spinner but at least no harm.

I’m with you on that one also, the Reed TT’s did sound good

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I think Reed was condemned by Ked in favour of Feickert at a “compare” ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I think Reed was condemned by Ked in favour of Feickert at a “compare” ;)

Ron and I had Reed, Feickert firebird, and Pluto Lower model (though more expensive than both) in a fairly controlled setting. Also Thales. Both preferred the Feickert, the Reed lagged all. I guess that is better than walking into a hifi show, listening to a huge speaker like Zellaton statement that will never be set up properly in such a show, unfamiliar electronics, listen to the Reed and say nice TT. Did they even play their own records?

On another note, this TT is newer model and now they have a tangential arm, 5T

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Ron and I had Reed, Feickert firebird, and Pluto Lower model (though more expensive than both) in a fairly controlled setting. Also Thales. Both preferred the Feickert, the Reed lagged all. I guess that is better than walking into a hifi show, listening to a huge speaker like Zellaton statement that will never be set up properly in such a show, unfamiliar electronics, listen to the Reed and say nice TT. Did they even play their own records?

On another note, this TT is newer model and now they have a tangential arm, 5T

God knows Ked - don’t shoot the messenger. You better ask them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing