Audio Tekne Acp 8801MKII Turntable

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
p1033761500-3.jpg

05c61272a22ff6c881a0cdbb39543c68.jpg

I am wondering why (almost) know body doesn't know the Audio Tekne ACP 8801MKII Turntable Made Fully from Carbon :

- Separate Power Supply Whit 2 input tubes and 2x300B Tubes (!)
- Separate Turntable Motor
- Turntable whit Air Bearing
- Turntable Arm from Carbon.
- Air Pump

I have heard this TT at Distributors Studio side to side to Vertere s Beautiful Reference TT and Arm and i am very much shocked why the Techdas Airforce one,Walker Audio,Kronos pro and even Micro Seiki SX8000MKII or American Sound boys do not talk and did not discovered this Master Work of Mr Kiyoaki Imai..?

Its truly a Stradivarius in the Hype and also not Hype TT world it is the most undiscovered probably therefor also most underrated Maestro...

Since few days i am very happy and proud owner and it is not burned inn and also not fine tuned i didn't listened to different combinations of Power-cables, Phono-cables yet...

It sounds yet after even only 15 hours of Burninn very promising and wonderful.

I will keep posting and will be glad answering your questions.

Last edited:

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I'm anxious to hear your continued thoughts on the table and its performance.

It looks the part of a labor of love, a work of art, and a very serious piece of machinery. I can only imagine how much music it must pull from the grooves.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
i am very much shocked why the Techdas Airforce one,Walker Audio,Kronos pro and even Micro Seiki SX8000MKII or American Sound boys do not talk and did not discovered this Master Work of Mr Kiyoaki Imai..?

Probably because of a very difficult accessibility to the tt together with a much less visibility and public approachability of the tt designers.

Maybe Gianluigi can make comments on this tt. He is the person who has extensive and more experience with Audio Tekne than anyone else I know.

Kindest regards,
Tang

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 384
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 375

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Well if you ever visit Netherlands you are welcome to see and here this Maestro to believe..

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
So cool. I would love to hear that table and their electronics. I have had their cables for years.

More pictures please.

If you ever visit Netherlands you are welcome to visit me to see and hear this Maestro at work.

I will post later original pictures that i will take.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I'm anxious to hear your continued thoughts on the table and its performance.

It looks the part of a labor of love, a work of art, and a very serious piece of machinery. I can only imagine how much music it must pull from the grooves.

Well "lordcloud" It is beyond imagination how much music it can make i mean "Music" not sounds...

Reactions: lordcloud

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Probably because of a very difficult accessibility to the tt together with a much less visibility and public approachability of the tt designers.

Maybe Gianluigi can make comments on this tt. He is the person who has extensive and more experience with Audio Tekne than anyone else I know.

Kindest regards,
Tang

Dear Tango i think you are right Mr Imai seems to be a shy introvert Traditional Japanese Person whit no(t) (much) knowledge about Marketing and Hypes and Trends.
But this my be the reason that his work craftsmanship and refinement unrivaled.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I know and i am very friend with Mr Imai,that visit me in my home 4/5 times and every Christmas,Birthday,new year always write to me.
When need to find some distributor in Italy,or need some,always ask suggestion to me.
He is very simple and i never listen him speaking bad of some other brands.

15 years ago one my friend went to Japan to visit him and he listen Imaisan talking with another italian guy that want to buy and ask discount.
He replay to come another time because is not ready for his sound.
So he is not a businessman

I had his system since 1993 to 2012 and i can tell are the most natural sound i listen.I put in comparison,Mactone M8 V otl,Sakuma,Shindo petrous with WE 300 B limited and Shinonia,and all top ANJ Gakuon,M10,Kegon,Ongaku,M7 ksl and Souga,but no comparison,AT was the most transparent and natural

I know well this TT and listen many many times because Italian distributor has,is very good but i always listen it a little dark,could be there is too much Carbon block,but is really very good.
I had same model made from Be Yamamura in 1992 and was amazing

I love AT,then for some reason i change since 2012

foto_01.JPG

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
View attachment 41015

View attachment 41014

I am wondering why (almost) know body doesn't know the Audio Tekne ACP 8801MKII Turntable Made Fully from Carbon :

- Separate Power Supply Whit 2 input tubes and 2x300B Tubes (!)
- Separate Turntable Motor
- Turntable whit Air Bearing
- Turntable Arm from Carbon.
- Air Pump

I have heard this TT at Distributors Studio side to side to Vertere s Beautiful Reference TT and Arm and i am very much shocked why the Techdas Airforce one,Walker Audio,Kronos pro and even Micro Seiki SX8000MKII or American Sound boys do not talk and did not discovered this Master Work of Mr Kiyoaki Imai..?

Its truly a Stradivarius in the Hype and also not Hype TT world it is the most undiscovered probably therefor also most underrated Maestro...

Since few days i am very happy and proud owner and it is not burned inn and also not fine tuned i didn't listened to different combinations of Power-cables, Phono-cables yet...

It sounds yet after even only 15 hours of Burninn very promising and wonderful.

I will keep posting and will be glad answering your questions.

I never owned one but have heard it on several occasions, always in the context of an AT system. Visually AT's utilitarian industrial design is very much up my alley, I love it! Sonically though I'm not there, I found this tt on dark side with a weak bass. Of course it could be some other component of the front end but as a closed system, it is what is. I'm not even sure if one has a choice of cartridges for it but I know you're limited to the one arm and that's theirs, already a nonstarter for some of us with other higher end tables.

david

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and bazelio

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
You have right,
is TT and his cartridges on dark side with a weak bass

The pre 9501 and mono amp 9502 are incredible natural and transparent

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
You have right,
is TT and his cartridges on dark side with a weak bass

The pre 9501 and mono amp 9502 are incredible natural and transparent

His top of the line phono is the one that I'm really interested to hear but not available anywhere I've looked.

david

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Italian distributor has,but with this TT and his cartridge not impress me a lot
I would like to listen with other cartridges,even if has only low and high output and with fix load very low

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Italian distributor has,but with this TT and his cartridge not impress me a lot
I would like to listen with other cartridges,even if has only low and high output and with fix load very low
He won't let you borrow it?

david

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Kindest regards,
Tang

Tang, you have enough; don’t even think about it. :D

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I cannot buy this phono because is too expensive for me,it cost more than 100.000 euro
I try at home only things i can buy

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I cannot buy this phono because is too expensive for me,it cost more than 100.000 euro
I try at home only things i can buy

That is a very wise strategy, Gian :b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing