T+A PA 3100 HV VS Gryphon Diablo 300

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I am looking for a very good integrated solution if i don't go the separates route to save space and money.
Which one of these 2 integrated would you think will have the best sound signature and refinement to drive my good old Thiel CS 3.7 ?
Both of them are in the €16K price range in my area so no price difference.

Thieliste

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
So many great intergrated

Diablo strong track record, slightly darker sound might go well with the thiel

t and a very modern design, not sure together

A couple from left field to think about

Accuphase integrated

Grandinote integrated fantastic reviews

ASR EMITTER

VITUS RI 100

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
The Vitus RI 100 is being replaced by the RI 101, reportedly a much improved product.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I already demoed the ASR Emitter II Exclusive, very sweet on my CS 3.7s but i don't want to cope with the 4 boxes too much gear for an integrated.
The Vitus RI 101 might be a good competitor fot the T+A and the Gryphon.
If any of you have auditioned the T+A 3100 please chime in, does it have a warm tonal balance ? if so that would be great for my speakers.

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Hello Thieliste remember me from India I read many of your posts it seems you are really confused in the electronics you want with thiels
My suggestion is to listen to a few setups and get rid of the thiels replacing it with efficient speakers so you can have the flexibility for many amps

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I would suggest the Kaiser kawero speakers with the Ypsilon Pantheon integrated

jasbirnandra you might not have read all my posts because i already stated that i'm not changing speakers, they are my favorite ones at any price.
IMO too many uber expensive speakers available on the market are far from being worth their price tag.
What i sure know is that my speakers can easly outperform $30K+ speakers.
I just have to find the right electronics for them, i will most likely demo the Aries Cerat Impera II + Concero 65 monoblocks which are in the same price range as the Ypsilon separates.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
I own a Diablo 300 and use it to drive Magico S3 Mk2s. I agree with awsmone - IMO it would be a good complement to your Thiels.

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Some really good recommendations here.

The Grandinote is the best integrated ive heard. Its got huge amount of current and will drive most speakers.

The new Supremo integrated I haven't heard but is reported to be a huge leap in performance from the lower models.

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
Hi Thieliste,
and what about Absolare, a great integrated !!!

Bruno

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
If you do hear the Aries Cerat pre/amp monos...please let us know what you think! I am a big fan of Gryphon as a Colosseum owner, but have not heard the Diablo. I will say having heard Thiels years ago, my favorite combination was with the old Forte 4 50-watt Class A amps, and [many years ago!] with the older Krell Class A amps.

Although the Diablo is not pure Class A, it is designed by Flemming Rasmussen who has obviously been a celebrated and respected designer of pure Class A SS amplification for well over 30 years. Given that it burns 200 watts just at idle, i do wonder if it is as much as 50 watts class A before it transitions to Class B?

jh901

Jun 22, 2018
PITTSBURGH
Did anyone end up getting a home audition of the T+A PA 3100 HV? I wouldn't think it would be difficult to have one shipped as they seem to be trying to crack the USA market. Finally.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I planned on taking my Jeff Rowland amp and preamp to a dealer close to me to compare them to the T+A PA 3100HV. Unfortunately, the dealer seemed indifferent to the idea and I decided not to pursue anything from that dealer.

George K

Jul 26, 2012
Diablo 300 is an awesome amplifier and just right for your speakers. It has authority and drive force for your speakers but yet seductive and extremely refined sound. Up to 20.000 euros and more it has no adversary.

I strongly suggest to go for the Built in dac as well. It's amazing value and great performance.
I've made thorough auditions with separate dacs and so far the combo proven unbeatable for the extra cost of the dac.
I've heard Aqua La Scala latest, Metrum Pavane, T+A dac 8 DSD, StahlTek Vekian, dCS Debussy and Paganini, Mytek, MSB Analogue, Hegel HD30, Auralic and more and beaten easily from the Gryphon DAC. All head to head eliminated in same listening conditions.

Since you have Hegel HD12 this is the weak link, I also auditioned with hd12 and it was like broken, dull sound, boring and uninvolvimg.

I guess it has to do with great matching, very short signal path ....I only conclude that the result of the combo outperform the parts making it.

As for T+A amp, it is not the same league. More bright and cold-sounding. Neutral but not enjoying music.

Reactions: owen lawlor

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Burmester 032. Great Combo with your Thiel.

cool_jeeves

Apr 16, 2019
Between Diablo 300 and the T+A HV PA 3100 which one would be a better fit for a Focal Sopra N3 (91.5db) or the Focal Scala Utopia EVO (92db)?

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
I've not heard the Diablo 300, it has earned a great reputation for good reason I'd imagine. I don't doubt it could be just the ticket.

Is it the only option at or near it's price, I wouldn't be so sure. Ypsilon's Pantheon and Analog Domain's MP75 intergrated of the amps I've experienced spring to mind. Which would perform better in any one system would more likely be down to the system and the preference of the listener than just the amps themselves.

Aavik are another obvious choice though I've not heard them.

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Uk
I’ve listened to both these integrated, but I bought a Vitus SIA-25. Significantly better than both.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I agree Simon.I demoed the the T+A at home for a week but it didn't have the liquid flowing sound of my 025 so I stayed with it.
I have not heard the Diablo so can't really comment on that, but the speakers you have in mind don't need the higher power of the Diablo so the Vitus should go very well with them

Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing